Sponsored

Master Thread: Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV)

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
According to USPS it has left New Jersey, so I should see them soon i think. Too bad i leave town for a week starting tomorrow.
Great! Can you at least post a photo or two of them, if they arrive before you leave town?

Edit: My 80mm ones now arriving today!
Sponsored

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Great! Can you at least post a photo or two of them, if they arrive before you leave town?

Edit: My 80mm ones now arriving today!
will do.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
March 8th Update:

While I will experiment with various sizes of these rubber plugs (ranging in size from 70mm-100mm), I also plan to test out my original non rubber thermoplastic Flush Mount caps. As mentioned on page 1, I will use my heat gun to form the cap around the bracket bend/bulge as I push the panel up and back in place. Recall, I plan to drop the inner panel edge, but will not be messing with any of those F'n clips!

Quick shot of the flush-mount in a hole. They have zero issue with the bend in the plastic panel.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6545

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6547

Last edited:

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
March 8th Update:

While I will experiment with various sizes of these rubber plugs (ranging in size from 70mm-100mm), I also plan to test out my original non rubber thermoplastic Flush Mount caps. As mentioned on page 1, I will use my heat gun to form the cap around the bracket bend/bulge as I push the panel up and back in place. Recall, I plan to drop the inner panel edge, but will not be messing with any of those F'n clips!

Quick shot of the flush-mount in a hole. They have zero issue with the bend in the plastic panel.

IMG_6545.jpeg

IMG_6547.jpeg
Tell me you're a retired mechanical engineer without telling me you're a retired mechanical engineer! EVS needs to put you on their R&D payroll. Nice work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Tell me you're a retired mechanical engineer without telling me you're a retired mechanical engineer! EVS needs to put you on their R&D payroll. Nice work.
Just trying to find a solution for that small subset of "anal-retentive" customers who care about what gets between the panels and frame - and for those living in areas with tons of needles, leaves, gravel and mud! The weight of all that shite will definitely cause problems with at least the panels (popping down, etc.)

PSA - And remember, 100mm is not equal to
Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) fc_notequal_41725_l
4 inches!! If you drill 100mm holes, these plugs won't fit. Drill 4" holes, and the 100mm rubbers will be loose - which is never a good thing!) 😝

Last edited:
OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Some more shots of the very flexible thermoplastic plugs in a 4" (not 100mm) hole. Perfect. Can't wait to test out on Saturday, when I "should" have the running boards.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6561

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6560

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6558

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Set 1 of 4 of the Chinese rubber plug sets have arrived - These are the 80mm hole size ones. Enjoy in good health! 90 or 100 MM are probably the right ones, if not the thermoplastic plugs posted earlier.

Edit #1: Not a huge fan of how thin the material thickness is at the "pre-cut" "Plus" lines, or the "looks" and shine, however. Should be fine, structurally, but I may just stick with the thermoplastic plugs as I'm afraid, with time and grime, these might tear at those points... My 100mm sizes are still "two weeks" out, "probably" coming "s00n"... (Channeling EM, there ha ha) 🤣

Edit #2: Shout out for someone to find/source these rubber plugs w/o the "+" pre-cuts! Bonus satisfaction points to the first three who can deliver "da goods"!

Edit #3: Grove thickness and depth should work well, seating wise.

Edit #4: Coming s00n....

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6587

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6588

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6589

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6591

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6593

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_6592

@EV Sportline FYI

Last edited:

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Set 1 of 4 of the Chinese rubber plug sets have arrived - These are the 80mm hole size ones. Enjoy in good health! 90 or 100 MM are probably the right ones, if not the thermoplastic plugs posted earlier.

Edit #1: Not a huge fan of how thin the material thickness is at the "pre-cut" "Plus" lines, or the "looks" and shine, however. Should be fine, structurally, but I may just stick with the thermoplastic plugs as I'm afraid, with time and grime, these might tear at those points... My 100mm sizes are still "two weeks" out, "probably" coming "s00n"... (Channeling EM, there ha ha) 🤣

Edit #2: Shout out for someone to find/source these rubber plugs w/o the "+" pre-cuts! Bonus satisfaction points to the first three who can deliver "da goods"!

Edit #3: Grove thickness and depth should work well, seating wise.

Edit #4: Coming s00n....

IMG_6587.jpeg

IMG_6588.jpeg

IMG_6589.jpeg

IMG_6591.jpeg

IMG_6593.jpeg

IMG_6592.jpeg

@EV Sportline FYI

So Final Verdict/link/info?!

OP
OP
jebinc