Sponsored

Master Thread: Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV)

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

I’ll simplify the viable options for you by saying the grommets won’t work for all eight 4” holes. Go Gorilla, or go home! 😝
Following your other threads. :)

Just opened mail today and wondered what the box was. Opened it up and it was the grommets. Forgotten I had ordered them (feels like ages ago)
Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Following your other threads. :)

Just opened mail today and wondered what the box was. Opened it up and it was the grommets. Forgotten I had ordered them (feels like ages ago)
Right, slow boat from China! Grommets continue to arrive at my house almost daily! I think I shut the pipe off, finally. If anyone in Seattle wants grommets fast, DM me. I have 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 100mm packages of 12’. F me!

And plastic caps too…

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Right, slow boat from China! Grommets continue to arrive at my house almost daily! I think I shut the pipe off, finally. If anyone in Seattle wants grommets fast, DM me. I have 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 100mm packages of 12’. F me!

And plastic caps too…
Time to start cutting holes in things!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Time to start cutting holes in things!
Maybe I should start a “Kickstarter” or “Go fund me” page, for prototyping project expenses… 😆

Last edited:
OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Any new installs???

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
I ended up placing an order today for the plain running boards. Im not super handy on non-computer things and im more of a measure 2x and cut 3x type so we'll see how it goes with the plastic bits.

beckhome09

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver 2022 R1T, Blue 2015 BMW 428i convertible
Occupation
Retired Air Force
So I got my boards today via FedEx Delivery. They left a 8 foot long box standing on the side of my house and never even rang the doorbell but that's not EV's problem. They delivered once I got my notification that my boards were produced and I appreciate them taking the time to do it right - now that is. So my next step was calling the location for install in Van Nuys since I am only like 20 minutes away; what business is closed on a Thursday, I ask you?

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So I got my boards today via FedEx Delivery. They left a 8 foot long box standing on the side of my house and never even rang the doorbell but that's not EV's problem. They delivered once I got my notification that my boards were produced and I appreciate them taking the time to do it right - now that is. So my next step was calling the location for install in Van Nuys since I am only like 20 minutes away; what business is closed on a Thursday, I ask you?
So, they were “closed” today? Maybe that location is not a retail location, but they open it up on certain days to accommodate the RB installation accommodation promise?
@EV Sportline

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Picked up the gorilla tape at Lowes. Unexpected new home project of fixing weather stripping on the garage

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
They may install for you but I'll say I think I understood that they'd either ship or install for you(since shipping is expensive), not both.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Picked up the gorilla tape at Lowes. Unexpected new home project of fixing weather stripping on the garage
Now, get to installing those bad boys! We need more sealing stories and methods!

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Now, get to installing those bad boys! We need more sealing stories and methods!

Waiting for service appointment to be done in early April. Half the bolts are missing from the panels

beckhome09

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver 2022 R1T, Blue 2015 BMW 428i convertible
Occupation
Retired Air Force
It's all good, i am actually pretty handy on my own. So i installed them last night and they came out. Here are photos of the final product.
Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 20230324_082933

They may install for you but I'll say I think I understood that they'd either ship or install for you(since shipping is expensive), not both.
Sponsored