Sponsored

Master Thread: Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV)

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Currently at Americas Tires getting my rear tire patched. The pucks at their location do not fit the holes on the EV Sportline sliders. The holes in the sliders are too small. Hopefully this isn’t an issue at the Rivian service center.

I can always drill out the hole. What size is the hole suppose to be?
I initially had the same issue when I did a wheel swap at Discount Tire but their pucks, which were the Rivian pucks, had a small rubber nipple on top and after they removed those they fit just fine.
Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I initially had the same issue when I did a wheel swap at Discount Tire but their pucks, which were the Rivian pucks, had a small rubber nipple on top and after they removed those they fit just fine.
They were using the Rivigear Jack Pucks for Rivian R1T/R1S Jack Pad Lift Adapters. The rubber nipple was removed. They showed me the pucks. It seemed like the top of the puck was slightly wider. I'm assuming that was to prevent the rubber nipple from sliding off or maybe it was damaged (crushed). Not 100% sure. But it definitely didn't fit. They ended up using rubber pads on the jack. With the jack maxed out it lift the tire about 3/4" off the ground so they were able to remove the tire.

Just concerning, I didn't want to buy a set of pucks but maybe I will encase this happens again.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Got around to installing the running boards on my R1S today. The templates work well, the pro tips are very handy. I did not have it printed out actual size, the tips to measure the printout was a good one. I ended up swagging the location with the small printout and used the measurements to confirm, worked out great.

Did the 4 inch cutout method, was taking my time to double check all the locations (measure twice cut once) and took just under 2 hours working solo. They easily could be installed in less than 90 minutes without rushing.

Really like the look, feel very sturdy when standing on them and makes it much easier getting in and out, I have now disabled kneel mode.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_9828

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_9833

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_9834

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Got around to installing the running boards on my R1S today. The templates work well, the pro tips are very handy. I did not have it printed out actual size, the tips to measure the printout was a good one. I ended up swagging the location with the small printout and used the measurements to confirm, worked out great.

Did the 4 inch cutout method, was taking my time to double check all the locations (measure twice cut once) and took just under 2 hours working solo. They easily could be installed in less than 90 minutes without rushing.

Really like the look, feel very sturdy when standing on them and makes it much easier getting in and out, I have now disabled kneel mode.

IMG_9828.jpeg

IMG_9833.jpeg

IMG_9834.jpeg
Nice! Yeah, these things are rock solid! Zero flexing; like zero! Thanks, @EV Sportline!

Hed007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90, Kia Telluride, Rivian R1S
Can someone please recommend an installer in South Florida? Preferably miami?

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Does anyone have details on how the R1T sliders are shipped? UPS, FedEX, DHL? Signature required? How many boxes and approximate dimensions?

Thanks!

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone have details on how the R1T sliders are shipped? UPS, FedEX, DHL? Signature required? How many boxes and approximate dimensions?

Thanks!
UPS or FedEX, no signature.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec

Thanks!
For anyone else's reference:

For me it arrived via UPS, signature required (even though everything else I get is always released - safe neighborhood), 4 boxes over 2 different days. Approximately 7.5 ft long, 1.5 ft wide, 3 inches tall. Two of them were 62 lbs each and the other two were 73 lbs each according to the UPS details.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
i finished my install of the running boards recently.
i did the advanced L method and i printed the template on sticker paper.
it was a lot easier and quicker that i thought to remove the panels and install the RBs; about 1.5 hours per side (without remounting the panels). luckily i big torque wrenches to remove the TP55 bolts.

however, i then spent about 4 hours each side to cut the panels. it was nuts - way overkill but i didn't feel comfortable leaving the panels off after seeing the vulnerable underside. and the 4" method, well i couldn't live with back-in-the-day-hobby-car-stereo-installer self.

total install was spread over 3 days.

i did the extra step method where you mount it all up loosely, then torque the bracket bolts.
then remove the RB to work on the panels.
i used the template as a reference point to mark where the cuts needed to be; i wanted to get minimal opening (just the bracket).
i dremel'd a slice, put it up and re-evaluated the next cut. repeat 10000x until it all fit in.
i learned the hard way that the running boards themselves need space - so extra cuts were needed at the end.
i did the ends first, so i could center the center panel. then removed the ends to install the center. :rolleyes:

i'm happy with the install (mostly because it's done), except the center panels are loose. it's crazy there's no screw holding it in. i gorilla taped the seams; we'll see if it holds. i have a feeling the next time i Dukes of Hazzard over the county line the center panel will fly off.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 20240226_140406

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 20240226_113909

krikiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 CTS-V Wagon 6MT, 22 R1T, 22 R1S
I love these clean installs, but I can’t be the only one who just yanked the panels off and threw them on a shelf in the back of the garage, right?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I love these clean installs, but I can’t be the only one who just yanked the panels off and threw them on a shelf in the back of the garage, right?
That was the plan until I saw all the nooks and crannies under those panels. I had just washed off all the road salt prior to removing the panels and dirty thoughts filled my mind; you know - rock chips, squirrels, salt, rain..
Sponsored