First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I reached out to Martian wheels, which is a smaller player who until now has made only custom forged wheels for Teslas, about making a wheel for Rivians. Turns out they’re already on it and they shared this photo and info below with me! I’m still waiting to hear back on pricing and timing and will report back once I do, but my guess is it would be in the $600-800 range per wheel, based on what they charge for their 20s for Model X ($695).

Please find attached a photo of our newly released design, which is a 20" wheel that follows the OEM configuration. We've added some special touches, including a nicer valve stem cap and center caps that will match the production version and a 1,200 KG load rating. The wheel will be available in two colors: Matte Black (same as the one in the picture) and Bronze.

The wheels have a weight of approximately 31.8 lbs and share similar specifications with OEM configurations, including a +48 offset and 8.5" width.

UPDATED: Added pricing & timing: I got a quote for $3800 for a set of 4, plus $200 shipping and sales tax. They said expecting to have a few to start shipping mid-May.

Rivian R1T R1S Martian Wheels - 20” wheel for Rivians! 03EA4C41-2466-4CFA-842B-E885AFEF1A54
Sponsored

Last edited:

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Interesting. Like the proud bezel where tire bead is. Any pics with tires?

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Interesting. Like the proud bezel where tire bead is. Any pics with tires?
hoping to get some soon as well. Kind of hard to judge it fully without tires and full truck pics!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I think I like those?

Sponsored

boredcleaner

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Model 3, R1T VIN 34XX LE Glacier White
Occupation
Engineer
I reached out to Martian wheels, which is a smaller player who until now has made only custom forged wheels for Teslas, about making a wheel for Rivians. Turns out they’re already on it and they shared this photo and info below with me! I’m still waiting to hear back on pricing and timing and will report back once I do, but my guess is it would be in the $600-800 range per wheel, based on what they charge for their 20s for Model X ($695).

Please find attached a photo of our newly released design, which is a 20" wheel that follows the OEM configuration. We've added some special touches, including a nicer valve stem cap and center caps that will match the production version and a 1,200 KG load rating. The wheel will be available in two colors: Matte Black (same as the one in the picture) and Bronze.

The wheels have a weight of approximately 31.8 lbs and share similar specifications with OEM configurations, including a +48 offset and 8.5" width.

03EA4C41-2466-4CFA-842B-E885AFEF1A54.jpeg
Been waiting to see the Martian wheels, thanks!

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

03EA4C41-2466-4CFA-842B-E885AFEF1A54.jpeg
Is the valve stem sticking out of the face of the wheel at the bottom of the wheel in the pic above? If so, I don’t think I’d take them on a rocky trail..

With the exposed lug nuts, 14 spokes on a 5 lug wheel always looks weird to me. I notice that the manufacturers with wheels that have number of spokes =/= a multiple of the number of lugs usually show the wheels in the position where it’s symmetrical side-to-side to minimize the appearance of a mismatch.

Look at the bolts relative to the spokes here:
Rivian R1T R1S Martian Wheels - 20” wheel for Rivians! 3B4DC36D-9511-490C-9B54-FF4B717E5812

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Is the valve stem sticking out of the face of the wheel at the bottom of the wheel in the pic above? If so, I don’t think I’d take them on a rocky trail..

With the exposed lug nuts, 14 spokes on a 5 lug wheel always looks weird to me. I notice that the manufacturers with wheels that have number of spokes =/= a multiple of the number of lugs usually show the wheels in the position where it’s symmetrical side-to-side to minimize the appearance of a mismatch.

Look at the bolts relative to the spokes here:
3B4DC36D-9511-490C-9B54-FF4B717E5812.jpeg
Yeah, that looks like the valve stemsticking through the "flange" and then probably turning 90 degrees into the rim. That's a no for me. Maybe the flange is intended to reduce aero losses? If the flange was not there, the valve stem could be further recessed behind the edge of the wheel like most other wheels.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I guess they are trying to make it look like a smaller 17"-ish wheel like would be typically used on an "off-road" rig? Definitely not feeling that, and the valve stem asking to be sheared off.

Tremelune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bunch
Presumably the broad outer face is for aerodynamics, though I wish there were some standard metric for wheel aerodynamics...

I've been looking for a fully solid wheel for Rivians, but nothing exists yet.

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Update on pricing. I got a quote for $3800 for a set of 4, plus $200 shipping and sales tax. They said expecting to have a few to start shipping mid-May.

A bit steep IMO. I think I'll go with OEM 20s when I get new tires later this year.
Sponsored