DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Stoked for all of you who have been waiting so long to finally get your trucks soon! I hope it ends up being exactly what you expected and more.

Rivian could definitely do a better job setting up ways for reservation holders to get test drives in before a truck shows up at their door, or if that’s not possible at least explain why that is a challenge for them. Even if they can’t do them all over the country they could pick 3 hubs or service centers across the country where only reservation holders could set up drives. I know I would be willing to fly somewhere to get that opportunity.

I can also cut them some slack because the last 2 years under this pandemic has been a royal pain in the @$$ for all businesses. We somehow managed to get a new building built for our business but if I wouldn’t recommend trying that to my worst enemy. And Omicron is a different beast than the previous variants. We somehow kept it out of our business for the last 2 years with over 30 employees (all in their 20s), but that changed with Omicron. We have had 4 positives in the last month. So if you have any sort of gathering at all right now, Omicron will be joining you there and likely WILL infect someone. So I understand their reluctance to hold events now as well…
Well stated. Most everyone I know has been following the vaccine, booster, and mask protocols, and remained safe....until now. While it seems less debilitating than previous variants, there's no doubt the sheer number of cases is through the roof and doesn't seem to slow down when encountering those that are fully vaxed. Fortunately for me, four days in and this feels a little like the common cold, but still respecting what others have said it is capable of becoming.

I hope all goes well for you and all of your people in your new building, and that everyone makes quick recoveries. Also, I sure hope all reservation holders get the chance you mention to drive these really cool vehicles before having to make final decisions. This virus isn't going to make that an easy proposition.

Be safe, and be well!
Sponsored

Joninrye

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Oh this is me!

Ordered December 13, 2018. March-April Delivery Window.

LE R1T, Blue/Black, 22” Bright

Very much hoping I get lucky with a March date, and my Guide seems confident that these delivery windows are set in stone, but at this point who knows ?‍♂
I received the email that I was in the March/April time frame but I don’t think that I received a personalized “guide”. Was Your guide introduction in a separate email?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Well stated. Most everyone I know has been following the vaccine, booster, and mask protocols, and remained safe....until now. While it seems less debilitating than previous variants, there's no doubt the sheer number of cases is through the roof and doesn't seem to slow down when encountering those that are fully vaxed. Fortunately for me, four days in and this feels a little like the common cold, but still respecting what others have said it is capable of becoming.

I hope all goes well for you and all of your people in your new building, and that everyone makes quick recoveries. Also, I sure hope all reservation holders get the chance you mention to drive these really cool vehicles before having to make final decisions. This virus isn't going to make that an easy proposition.

Be safe, and be well!
Thanks Duck! I hope your recovery continues to go well and this is all a distant memory in a few years we can shake our heads at during some Rivian meet ups.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks Duck! I hope your recovery continues to go well and this is all a distant memory in a few years we can shake our heads at during some Rivian meet ups.
Better yet, shake hands and drink beer together, soon! ?

Thanks for your well wishes!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Be safe, and be well!
Hope you recover soon.

To be honest, this variant may be what we needed, less lethal and very contagious, probably the best combination for herd immunity to start coming in to play.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hope you recover soon.

To be honest, this variant may be what we needed, less lethal and very contagious, probably the best combination for herd immunity to start coming in to play.
Fully agree! If it never gets any worse than than what I'm feeling, I hope that means it's winding down.

Thanks for your kind words! ??

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I received the email that I was in the March/April time frame but I don’t think that I received a personalized “guide”. Was Your guide introduction in a separate email?
Yeah, I and a small number of other people got Guides wayyyyy back in June/July of 21. Looking back, sorta feels like we were the Beta Testers for the whole “Guide” Concept

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Yeah.. we are almost down to a month until the beginning of the window and I have never even seen a Rivian in real life. I’ve thought about flying to LAX to see the Venice Hub, but that’s a long trip from Tallahassee just to see a car. I have a couple ski trips next month to Denver, so worst case I’ll go by the service center there and hope to see one and be able to look in the window. Maybe I’ll get lucky and someone will be there and let me take a look.
Stoked for all of you who have been waiting so long to finally get your trucks soon! I hope it ends up being exactly what you expected and more.

Rivian could definitely do a better job setting up ways for reservation holders to get test drives in before a truck shows up at their door, or if that’s not possible at least explain why that is a challenge for them. Even if they can’t do them all over the country they could pick 3 hubs or service centers across the country where only reservation holders could set up drives. I know I would be willing to fly somewhere to get that opportunity.

I can also cut them some slack because the last 2 years under this pandemic has been a royal pain in the @$$ for all businesses. We somehow managed to get a new building built for our business but if I wouldn’t recommend trying that to my worst enemy. And Omicron is a different beast than the previous variants. We somehow kept it out of our business for the last 2 years with over 30 employees (all in their 20s), but that changed with Omicron. We have had 4 positives in the last month. So if you have any sort of gathering at all right now, Omicron will be joining you there and likely WILL infect someone. So I understand their reluctance to hold events now as well…
Exactly why we flew to California to visit the Venice hub over the break between Christmas and New Years. The Rivian associates couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful. Got to sit in/walk through the truck and had all our questions answered. Go if you can.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Fully agree! If it never gets any worse than than what I'm feeling, I hope that means it's winding down.

Thanks for your kind words! ??
@DuckTruck, day 7 was the break for me. The headache was gnarly but probably the worst symptom I had, despite being on immunosuppressant drugs.

Took a few days to another week after that to legit feel normal again. Well wishes during you convalescence. âšś

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@DuckTruck, day 7 was the break for me. The headache was gnarly but probably the worst symptom I had, despite being on immunosuppressant drugs.

Took a few days to another week after that to legit feel normal again. Well wishes during you convalescence. âšś
@AdamsFan1983,

Thanks for letting me know your experience. I'm at day seven of the symptoms and about four after the first positive test. Still mild congestion with thankfully only mild headaches.

I appreciate your kind words!

Stay safe.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Exactly why we flew to California to visit the Venice hub over the break between Christmas and New Years. The Rivian associates couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful. Got to sit in/walk through the truck and had all our questions answered. Go if you can.
Sounds like a great excuse to visit Venice again this year. I do hope they find a way to start doing this regionally or locally for those who aren’t able to fly to CA just to see the truck they are dropping $80k on for the first time.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@AdamsFan1983,

Thanks for letting me know your experience. I'm at day seven of the symptoms and about four after the first positive test. Still mild congestion with thankfully only mild headaches.

I appreciate your kind words!

Stay safe.
I have been vacinated and boosted and still got Omicron. The worst part for me was the headaches as well. Now I simply have a runny nose and sore throat but nothing bad. Drink plenty of fluids and you should contact your primary care doctor to let them know. Hoping you get well quickly.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I have been vacinated and boosted and still got Omicron. The worst part for me was the headaches as well. Now I simply have a runny nose and sore throat but nothing bad. Drink plenty of fluids and you should contact your primary care doctor to let them know. Hoping you get well quickly.
Thanks for your story! Feeling much the same and following all the advice. My Doc was the first call I made, then everyone I had been with for prior week. OCD/CDO is helpful condition for some situations. ?

Thanks again!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

By the way, for anyone who may get the Omicron variant, the congestion is greatly relieved by getting up as soon as waking up, and then sitting in an upright chair. The recliner doesn't do me much good, but sitting upright really limits the congestion. Still want to stay bundled and warm but lying down feeds the congestion.

Just an FYI.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

By the way, for anyone who may get the Omicron variant, the congestion is greatly relieved by getting up as soon as waking up, and then sitting in an upright chair. The recliner doesn't do me much good, but sitting upright really limits the congestion. Still want to stay bundled and warm but lying down feeds the congestion.

Just an FYI.

Good advice. The headaches for me were sinus congestion related. If you can take something like Mucinex or anything that will "drain" you will feel better. :)
Sponsored