Sponsored

March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Probably will aim to be there between 10 AM and 12 Noon depending on the honey do list goes tomorrow.

Hope to see some of y'all there!

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Noonish for me. Looking forward to finally seeing it in person!

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Will be there sometime between 11:00-1:00 pm. Looking forward to seeing if I can spot any obvious riviots answering questions. ;)

Sponsored

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
ill likely be there around 11 am so maybe ill meet some of you. I also plan to drive by the service center to see if they have any other colors out to see.

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

I am shooting to get there ~11:00 and I may be able to cruise by the service center as well. I’ll share if I see anything interesting.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Can you guys take lots of great pictures for those of us who live vicariously?! Pretty please?!? Have fun!

Sponsored

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

ETA is 11:35. Look for me with a big black doodle dog.
Oh I think I saw your dog but didn’t see this post or I would have said hello!
It was fun chatting with other preorder holders and the owner, although I tried to leave the owner alone so he could talk with others who aren’t familiar with Rivian.

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Well, I missed the R1T by 30 minutes. So disappointed.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Was at the same event! Posting some of my photos which include views of the bed.

The owner, Pat, was very generous but not so much that he let you crawl in so I wasn't able to sit in the vehicle to assess comfort but I was very impressed overall and seeing the truck in person only reaffirmed that I absolutely want to own an R1T. Not everything was perfect though.

Major thanks to the organizers and the owner, Pat, who was very gracious with sharing his truck, time, and thoughts after 3 months of ownership.

A few observations:
  • Man are the 20 inch wheels both beautiful and HUGE in person. The AT tires just look extremely beefy and really overkill for everyday use.
  • Pat owns a 20 acre property which is very rocky but he has no intentions of going off roading so he didn't really test the suspension on anything serious. For daily driving, throughout the winter, he would only charge to 70 percent and would get ~200 miles of range on that.
  • He did experience phantom drain of 10-15 miles during cold nights below 20 degrees.
  • Build quality was absolutely top notch. Pat told me he put his reservation down in 2019 at the NY Auto show and received his RIVIAN in late December, 2019.
  • Paint finish was perfect to my eye. Launch green is a very nice color and complements the truck design very nicely.
  • Fit and finish was excellent. No misaligned panels or large panel gaps to my eye.
  • Black interior is not nearly as black as I expected. It is closer to a dark grey which in my mind is a good thing.
  • The truck really sits high off the ground! I was floored how high the truck sat. I'm 6'5 and it was a perfect height for me to climb in without any effort but for someone who is not a sasquatch, you are going to be climbing up into this thing.
  • Rear seats looked like they had good amount of legroom but I did not sit in the back per the wishes of the owner. The headroom, however was phenomenal and the glass roof really opens up the interior of the truck.
  • The bed is deceptively short and the liftgate is deceptively long. With the liftgate down, you have 7 feet of total space but the liftgate extended actually makes it very awkward to reach into the bed.
  • Where the tailgate meets the bed there is exposed hardware (bolts) that aren't covered by the bed lining material that were rusted. I was surprised to see this and it felt like a blemish on an otherwise extremely high quality exterior. Couldn't tell if this would happen over time by design or if the tolerances for the space between the bed lining and the metal were too big on this early delivery truck.
  • The gear tunnel doors in their seating position are HUGE. I was impressed at the size of these things. Bigger than most economy airline seats!
  • The Frunk is bigger in person and DEEP. Very impressed with the overall size and could easily see that serving as your main trunk for daily driver type activities.
  • There are rivian logos everywhere in obvious and not so obvious places.
  • Pat experienced a few problems in his 3 months of ownership:
    • Tonneau cover malfunctioned and had to be serviced
    • The entire truck had to be taken to a service station on a flatbed (unrelated to the cover - but Pat wouldn't say what it was) and a loner was provided for 3 days.
    • Pat has a relative who is a RIVIAN employee so I am wondering if he wasn't providing details of the specific issues per an agreement.

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display IMG_20220319_110153

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display IMG_20220319_111323

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display IMG_20220319_110156

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display IMG_20220319_110715

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display IMG_20220319_110746

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display IMG_20220319_110753

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display IMG_20220319_111325

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display IMG_20220319_111330

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Updating with a picture of the rusted hardware that I referenced in my post. You can see that it is on both sides of the tailgate area. This looks to me like a design flaw as the hardware is exposed.

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 11.12.31 PM

Rivian R1T R1S March 19, 2022 Saturday - Montgomery Co. Go Electric! Rivian R1T will be on Display Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 11.13.00 PM
Sponsored