First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2014 Land Rover LR4, 2018 Tesla 3
Occupation
Engineer
This seems to have started shortly after my update to 2023.18.0 and I just put in a service request. Basically, within every minute the GPS drops out and then takes another minute or so to recover. The nav shows no GPS signal and the map freezes with the last known position. This is particularly frustrating while turn by turn directions are in use. The issue has persisted through a soft and hard reset. Just seeing if anyone else encountered this and if it has been diagnosed as a hardware or software issue.
Rivian R1T R1S map freezes and frequent GPS dropouts… IMG_1452
Sponsored

OP
OP
valkyrie

valkyrie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2014 Land Rover LR4, 2018 Tesla 3
Occupation
Engineer
So I figured this out. The Drive Cam drive got corrupted somehow and the truck could no longer connect to it. While in this state, the GPS would drop out frequently. I pulled the drive put (Samsung 256GB solid state thumb drve), and no more issues. Will have to see if I can mount the drive on my computer and see whats what. As far as I know, I’m the only person this has happened to so far. Other similar situations had LTE, WiFi, and GPS all go out completely.

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
Noticed this last night when I plugged in at 9pm and the truck started charging before the scheduled charging time, which is 10pm. After futzing with the charging schedule with no success, I noticed the map had the “No GPS” symbol. The charging schedule only applies to “ home” and without gps it didn’t know where it was, so it just started charging.

So I did a soft reset and gps seemed to return, and it appeared it was going to start the scheduled charge at 10pm.

So then I walked away to the house and heard the locking chirp, even though I was home and have lock at home set to off. At that point I was done fiddling with it and went about my night. Woke up this am and it never charged.

None of this was ever an issue before the recent update. Smells like a bug.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Noticed this last night when I plugged in at 9pm and the truck started charging before the scheduled charging time, which is 10pm. After futzing with the charging schedule with no success, I noticed the map had the “No GPS” symbol. The charging schedule only applies to “ home” and without gps it didn’t know where it was, so it just started charging.

So I did a soft reset and gps seemed to return, and it appeared it was going to start the scheduled charge at 10pm.

So then I walked away to the house and heard the locking chirp, even though I was home and have lock at home set to off. At that point I was done fiddling with it and went about my night. Woke up this am and it never charged.

None of this was ever an issue before the recent update. Smells like a bug.
I had the charging schedule issue also but my position on the nav looked correct and the schedule was not paused. This happened the day after the 2023.18 update and I never set up the Drive Cam. Where is the lost GPS indication on the map?

Interestingly, my Mach E sometimes loses its GPS and starts dead reckoning that can lead to this same issue, plus several others.

I reported the issue to Rivian.

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
Where is the lost GPS indication on the map?
Top right of the map. Check out the image in the first post of this thread.
Sponsored