Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Physician
Legit. Gonna be some happy folk, my guess is heading for SoCal?

Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Dammit! 20 minutes from my house!

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
They are most likely going to Santa Clarita for the First Mile event.
The first mile events:
1 - Have way more than 5 trucks
2 - Have way more colors than launch green
3 - Have gaps between their scheduling for a traveling show.
4 - Are staff and space limited, not truck limited; More trucks wouldn't help.

I'd wager the Santa Clarita first mile event has all the same trucks and staff that just packed up from the Sonoma first mile event 5 days ago.
10 days is more than enough time to travel all the same equipment ~400mi down the state.

Customer deliveries?
I hope, but don't know. Could also be a new batch of trucks for some software engineering in Irvine.

First Mile Santa Clarita? Seems unlikely.

Sponsored

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
Interesting that it was Gold Canyon coming across the 60? Seems like anything going from Normal to CA would be on the I-40. Maybe the driver stopped for some turkey.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Can someone remind me of exactly what the LE is? I’m too lazy to look it up and it’s not on Rivian.com anymore. It’s the black interior I think and what else? Launch green?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Can someone remind me of exactly what the LE is? I’m too lazy to look it up and it’s not on Rivian.com anymore. It’s the black interior I think and what else? Launch green?
It's pretty similar to Adventure Trim with the addition of some special LE badging and trim on the interior, the availability of the Launch Green color which is exclusive to LE (but you can have an LE trim in any color), and the ability to get a free wheel/tire upgrade.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's pretty similar to Adventure Trim with the addition of some special LE badging and trim on the interior, the availability of the Launch Green color which is exclusive to LE (but you can have an LE trim in any color), and the ability to get a free wheel/tire upgrade.
rivian.com said:
Launch Edition
The first R1T trucks will be our Launch Edition — marked with special interior badging and offered in an exclusive Launch Green color option. Select this configuration and you'll be among the first in line for an Electric Adventure Vehicle. Launch Edition comes with features like a powered tonneau cover, our Gear Guard remote monitoring system and an in-bed air compressor for added functionality. Inside, perforated vegan leather seats are heated and ventilated and detailed with patterned stitching. Natural-grained ash wood throughout gives the cabin a warm feel, with our Rivian Elevation audio system by Meridian providing rich sound.

Features
Priority delivery
Launch Edition interior badging
Special Launch Green paint color option
20” All-Terrain or 22” Sport wheel upgrade included
Sponsored