Sponsored

Manual Tonneau Cover coming back?! [Update: Friend's manual tonneau will be shipped when ready - no ETA given]

RivJob

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Former Burger Technician
UPDATE POST-DELIVERY:

I just got off the phone with my friend and he thrilled with his new R1T. Maybe even in love!

He is so happy that ...he doesn't even care that his tonneau will be shipped when ready - no eta given.

FWIW, like many of you, I am desperate for my tonneau cover. unfortunately as many of you pointed out it appears to have been a miscommunication. I heard what I wanted to hear... No April Fools intended. My sincere apologies for getting everyone's hopes up 😞

Original Post:

TLDR: My buddy is receiving delivery of his R1T tomorrow 3/31/23 and it's coming with the manual tonneau cover installed.

Hi everyone. I took delivery of my Forest Green, Forest Edge R1T on March 10. My reservation was 12/2021 and I was stoked to be offered the opportunity to purchase, back in February via the R1T shop. Of course... I couldn't get it with my tonneau, underbody shield, or full size spare, but we all know that story. Once I ordered and received my delivery date; that's when I found this forum and this is my first post.

Anyway, back to delivery. I get my new ride on Friday, March 10th and on Tuesday, March 14th my coworker texts me saying he heard I got an R1T and had been considering reserving one and now that I had one he decided to pull the trigger that day on the reservation. He was given a 6 month window. I said congratulations and shared a link to build I thought would be right up his alley and he liked it so much he chose to get that color design: Limestone/ Forest Edge.

For those counting March 14th was 2 weeks and 3 days ago. I saw my coworker-friend yesterday and took him for a spin, and what do you know? He's taking delivery tomorrow! Driving to Chelsea, MA SC for pick up before he goes on vacation. So awesome. He got it way faster than I did but paid a whole lot more too. Truly no jealousy; all stoke! ...that is, until, he told me his will have the tonneau installed at pick up! WHAT?? Confirmed with his guide.

Of course I did my best to not turn forest green with envy, but the moment he left my house I was texting my Riv Guide Pamela: How come my friend get tonneau cover and not me?

Here are the highlights of her response back to me: "[Manual tonneau] are shipping out UPS as soon as we have them in stock! Hang in there! It's not [in the gear shop] yet. It will be a HUGE announcement though..."

I asked if I could get a discount towards my tonneau cover given my full-price friend referral, but instead I was shipped a free hat. It's green, by the way. I know you all care.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

I wonder if we are getting a big, end-of-month, Friday afternoon update tomorrow? One can hope!

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm picking mine up tomorrow too (after being rescheduled from earlier in the week). I'll post on here if it has the manual cover with it, but I'd be shocked if it did.

Sponsored

Fozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is going to be the hottest thread on the forum tomorrow if it's true. I certainly hope it is I'd love to get my cover.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

cool. i had just asked my guide about that a few days ago and she had no idea when they would be ready and shipped. if you guys are right, sounds like its happening s0ooo0n.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’m calling unintentional “Bait & switch” on this one.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'll bet $1,000 there will be no cover installed. They'll ship when ready.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Who cares about the tonneau? He should be way more worried about which audio system he will get. The one with Meridian on the speaker covers or the one made by Meridian but says Rivian on the speaker covers.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I will also be shocked if it has one. Just got my truck a few days ago and the folks working with me during the delivery still hadn't heard anything about a timeline for the manual cover. I paid for it, but have no clue when I'll ever get it.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
this has "april fools" written all over it....no chance he is picking up with a manual tonneau installed. I suppose as its the last day of "early 2023", there could be an end of day update....but it seems unlikely since nobody has had any information at all about the tonneaus for several months now. ....I call b/s.....but wouldn't be upset to be wrong.....i've already asked for a refund for the tonneau and ordered from EVSportline...
Sponsored