Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hello My Dudes!

Over the past few months I've seen a few different attempts at creating a magnetic charging mat for the Rivian. Nearly all of them are expensive (including the one I used to produce) and most use off-brand pads. None are available as STL files that you can remix and print yourself.

First and foremost - this item isn't for sale. Like everything I've made, it's publiclyavailable to download, print or remix yourself. You can get it at the following link: https://www.printables.com/model/367488-riviparts-magsafe-charging-mat

When putting this together, I started with a bunch of requirements:
  1. It had to work well for all sizes of iPhone without modifications to the vehicle.
  2. It had to use the OEM Apple MagSafe charging pads.
  3. It had to be quick and easy to print (or batch produce) and install.
  4. It had to be attractive and compliment the elegantly simple lines of the vehicle.
Here is what I came up with:

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charging Mat 3D Print IMG_1169.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charging Mat 3D Print IMG_1164.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charging Mat 3D Print IMG_1165.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charging Mat 3D Print IMG_1168.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charging Mat 3D Print IMG_1171.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charging Mat 3D Print IMG_1172.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charging Mat 3D Print IMG_1173.JPG

The design is one flat panel that attaches via double sided tape (or similar) to the top of the rubber pad covering the Rivian POS wireless charger. I decided not to replace the rubber mat as doing so would certainly require unplugging the Rivian charging pad, which is a small pain. It's rounded where it needs to be including one the sides so it fits perfectly in the sloping groove.

It's designed to work well with iPhone Minis to iPhone Maxes (Maxis?) and also with most cases. The case on the iPhone 13 Pro pictured is a OtterBox Lumen - and there was still plenty of room.

The pads themselves are held in place well with friction. They are very tight in the opening. I've also designed a blank (included as a second STL) that can be printed and inserted the mat in lieu of a second MagSafe pad, as shown.

Printing is SUPER quick and easy. I was able to produce the version shown in under one hour using my Bambu X1 - including the blank!

Anyway - I hope you like it. I'm happy to hear feedback or suggestions on improvements. I'm happy to incorporate good change ideas into future versions, and the license attached to the file allow for remixing as long as it's non-commercial.

Speaking of commercial - as mentioned above, I am not planning on batch producing these at this time. (that's why this is being posted in the Mod Forum and not the vendor offers forum) You're welcome to try to change my mind 😁 , but that's the plan currently.

Please download and print it and let me know what you think!
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I was literally about to PM you yesterday to see if you had an stl available since you don't sell these anymore. Thanks!!!

Printing is SUPER quick and easy. I was able to produce the version shown in under one hour using my Bambu X1 - including the blank!
I have an ender 3v2neo so I don't expect it to be as fast as the Bambu in any case, but you can do it in ONE hour?!?! I just sliced this in Prusa and it says over 10 for me. I think I need a Bambu....

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
If I had an iPhone (Pixel 6 here), I'd absolutely print one of these in Flexfill 98A. Little more grippy.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
If I had an iPhone (Pixel 6 here), I'd absolutely print one of these in Flexfill 98A. Little more grippy.
Interesting! I have a bit of black TPU here that I used to prototype the Center Console Organizer Liner. I'm curious as to how it will turn out.

BTW - I can officially confirm that this works with both the OEM Apple MagSafe Charger and the JSAUX aftermarket MagSafe Charger as well. I have one of each installed in my protortpe.
Sponsored