Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

How will the charging output be on these since it’s being split? I definitely like the black
Same as with non-split. The reason is that the MagSafe pucks have 15W max power, but the iPhone only allows 15W for original Apple charges, and throttles it down to 7.5W for all others. So either way you get 7.5W unless you use an original Apple puck(s). I will be doing a DIY version very soon, it's actually ready in terms of development just not ready in terms of backlog with work. That version will be without pucks so people can use whatever pucks they like.
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Same as with non-split. The reason is that the MagSafe pucks have 15W max power, but the iPhone only allows 15W for original Apple charges, and throttles it down to 7.5W for all others. So either way you get 7.5W unless you use an original Apple puck(s). I will be doing a DIY version very soon, it's actually ready in terms of development just not ready in terms of backlog with work. That version will be without pucks so people can use whatever pucks they like.
If you’ve tried the two, would you say the magnetic attachment strength is comparable on the 3rd party models to the apple MagSafe?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

If you’ve tried the two, would you say the magnetic attachment strength is comparable on the 3rd party models to the apple MagSafe?
Yes, I've tried a bunch including Apple's, Belkin and other less popular brands...my impression is that they are pretty much the same, with the exception with Belkin which feels to be less powerful (at least to me...can't really measure it though).
To illustrate, I can say this - you can put two phones on this, and turn the whole thing upside down in the air, and the phones won't fall even if you shake it a little....hard shakes (upside down) will make them fall though.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Yes, I've tried a bunch including Apple's, Belkin and other less popular brands...my impression is that they are pretty much the same, with the exception with Belkin which feels to be less powerful (at least to me...can't really measure it though).
To illustrate, I can say this - you can put two phones on this, and turn the whole thing upside down in the air, and the phones won't fall even if you shake it a little....hard shakes (upside down) will make them fall though.
Awesome thanks for the example :)

Jgoal55

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If you want to wait for that version please let me know your order # and I can place it on hold for until I have the new pucks.
IMG_0699.jpeg
Absolutely don’t mind waiting. Thank you!

So this showed up right one i placed the order. Order # - #5U3WEI5GH

But email confirmation showed this number. - ORDER #16303
but the iPhone only allows 15W for original Apple charges, and throttles it down to 7.5W for all others. So either way you get 7.5W unless you use an original Apple puck(s). I will be doing a DIY version very soon, it's actually ready in terms of development just not ready in terms of backlog with work.
I think Apple only makes proprietary MagSafe chargers in white, right? If so, I’d rather take the loss in power. White would look ugly in the car.

However, if they do black ( I couldn’t find it), then I wouldn’t mind waiting even longer for DIY version.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I have the current model of the TWRAPS pad and can easily say the strength of this pad’s pucks is quite strong! Zero iPhone movement issues (unlike the Rivian pad) in the truck.

NCR1T

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3 & Y
Thank you!
Currently I use generic MagSafe pucks so one cord per puck...in other words, both USB-C ports get used if you want both pucks to be functional/charging.
That will change in about 10 days or so...I've been working on custom pucks just for this product, where 2 pucks are connected together and use only one USB-C port. If you want to wait for that version please let me know your order # and I can place it on hold for until I have the new pucks. The new pucks are shipping to me (we don't manufacture the pucks themselves) tomorrow so I hope to have them sometime next week.

Edit: here is what they look like:
IMG_0699.jpeg
Just ordered, plus some other goodies! Do you mind holding confirmation # KN08TKRYG, order # 16452 until the new split charger is available? Thanks!

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Just ordered, plus some other goodies! Do you mind holding confirmation # KN08TKRYG, order # 16452 until the new split charger is available? Thanks!
No problem at all, I just put it on hold. I hope to have the new pucks sometime next week.

Jgoal55

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I’ve been meaning to update this for a little while, but I received my charger several weeks ago and I am extremely impressed at the quality and the way it looks. Definitely OEM. Everyone who’s seen it thinks it came with the vehicle. Thanks so much for an excellent product.

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS 1E316BA2-26D0-4614-8C51-B49474A598A9

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I’ve been meaning to update this for a little while, but I received my charger several weeks ago and I am extremely impressed at the quality and the way it looks. Definitely OEM. Everyone who’s seen it thinks it came with the vehicle. Thanks so much for an excellent product.
Thank you!!! 🙏

Sponsored

rareohs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; preorder R1S
Apologies if I missed it (did read all 10 pages of this lol) - but is a DIY version still in the works?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Apologies if I missed it (did read all 10 pages of this lol) - but is a DIY version still in the works?
Apologies, it's my mistake I forgot to follow up on that...
I've decided against it due to a myriad of reasons:
1. There is very little benefit to not using our pucks which are designed specifically for this - 2 pucks joined with a single cord, proper length of the cord etc.
2. Most people won't be able to put this together without an assembly cast, but the cast is more expensive than the product itself so economically it would make no sense.
3. I experimented a version with magnets (to avoid needing a cast) but I found labor to be unreasonably much due to how tricky magnets are to handle and glue.

So given all that, I've decided against it for the time being.

Last edited:

Jgoal55

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Agreed, it’s honestly perfect as is! In fact, I took my car to a Rivian service center other day, because my windshield broke. And the tech asked me where I got it, and was wondering if Rivian started making it. 😂

bengaltiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
The product is great and easy to install. That said, when I lift up the phone to take it off the charger, the mat comes with it - is there any way to secure the TWRAPs accessory down to the charging surface of the R1S more permanently so that this doesn't occur? Thanks.
Sponsored