First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
That could be a useful spot for me, but I don't plan getting up there for a few weeks. I'm interested in what people find.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
No movement, and it's not on their coming soon list. Forget it exists in your mind. Given how long it's been in limbo and it's not on their "coming soon" list I'm guessing the ran into an unforeseen condition like not being able to get power there or a new site owner.

OP
OP
popoga

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Oh hey that's pretty cool. Maybe it'll finish before my year of free charging is up and I can get juice there once or twice.

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Oh hey that's pretty cool. Maybe it'll finish before my year of free charging is up and I can get juice there once or twice.
There isn't "a year of free charging" with the vehicle.

The entire RAN is currently free - until they turn on the money-tap. For everyone. The very first customer to take delivery is still getting free charging; a person who takes delivery the day before they start costing money will get one day of free charging.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
They never promised a free year of charging, true. But back when membership was a thing, we were promised a free year of membership. We never really knew what was included in membership though, and it appears they have now moved away from the membership model to an a la carte model, which we also know little about.

We don't actually know anything about how Rivian plans to turn on payments for the RAN. They could potentially roll it out based on delivery date to give everyone a free year, or make it so that you get a certain number of free charges (or a certain number of kWh) before they start to collect money.

No one expected to get free charging forever, but I think we would all like to feel that we have been treated fairly and have gotten "our share" of free charging before we are asked to pay. It would be disappointing if I never got to charge for free at a RAN simply because there are none near me, where others might have been able to get hundreds or even thousands of dollars of free charging.

In the S-1 they did say they planned to give Rivian owners preferential rates if they opened the RAN to all brands, so there's that, but the business model has changed substantially in the past ~3 years for good reasons.

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Spokane Valley RAN site got a shoutout in the latest newsletter. Nothing on the Lynnwood one. I'm not that hopeful even if it launches. A few free (for now) chargers that'd service what's now hundreds of adventuring Rivians within 20 miles...

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It’s now in their latest update - so there’s still a chance?

Rivian R1T R1S Lynnwood RAN Status? IMG_0357

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

It’s now in their latest update - so there’s still a chance?

IMG_0357.jpeg
It’s been there for several months so don’t read much into it.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

They should forget about this and do near Sedro Woolley to cover Hwy 20 and Canada trips.

Does anyone else feel WA is getting short changed by the RAN?

rpo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Finance
They should forget about this and do near Sedro Woolley to cover Hwy 20 and Canada trips.

Does anyone else feel WA is getting short changed by the RAN?
Yes, absolutely. I parked at Seatac a few weeks ago and there were 7 Rivians in 10 consecutive parking spaces.
Sponsored