Sponsored

Lucid Rolls Out New Leasing to End-Run Price Caps... Rivian to Follow?

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
IRS needs to fix the interpretation of leases, to be limited to commercial leases only. Not consumer leases. Undermines whole purpose of US made cars getting a tax credit and/or income limits
I chuckle at this (not chuckling at you). The tax code gets more and more complex, written by bureaucrats that don’t fully take into account the ingenuity of good ol’ American people. They try to box people in with more and more guidelines and then magically forget some.

I’m all for people exploiting this.
Sponsored

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

Rivian needs to do this. It's just a question of timing.

I think they also need to come up with a version of the R1T/R1S that they can price at under $80k with the large battery pack. The longer range is important to a lot of people, but the bright line of $80k makes a huge difference in the number of potential buyers.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I think they also need to come up with a version of the R1T/R1S that they can price at under $80k with the large battery pack. The longer range is important to a lot of people, but the bright line of $80k makes a huge difference in the number of potential buyers.
Done.

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Rolls Out New Leasing to End-Run Price Caps... Rivian to Follow? Screenshot_20230429-074053~2

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Fair enough. I was focused on the R1S, which can’t quite get there.
If the smaller pack is LFP being able to charge to 100% daily then the day to day range between large and small is very little. Unless people do a lot of traveling the small pack is a good option to stay under 80k.

Hodog16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ioniq 5, 2023 G63, 2021 Odyssey
It's really a genius way to conduct business and I'm surprised there are still companies with EVs who have not taken advantage of this. Hyundai started doing it in February finally.
Sponsored