Sponsored

Lucid now has Wireless Apple Car Play . . . will Rivian put this on their road map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
If you want to speed to rush somewhere, use those AT tires and do it off public roads. Stupid and unnecessary
Where am I talking about speeding? I never condoned speeding, I think your reading comprehension needs work. The only time I advocated using the power was to clear the flow of traffic without exceeding the posted limit, or on a closed course. You OTOH, think that super important text message is worth risking the safety of everyone else on the roadway because you can't use the phone feature or wait 5 mins.
Sponsored

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Where am I talking about speeding? I never condoned speeding, I think your reading comprehension needs work. The only time I advocated using the power was to clear the flow of traffic without exceeding the posted limit, or on a closed course. You OTOH, think that super important text message is worth risking the safety of everyone else on the roadway because you can't use the phone feature or wait 5 mins.
I can drive and dictate messages. Maybe you can't. So don't and let those who can have the option to do so.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Yeah like getting away from the guy who's swerving into my lane trying to get his stupid voice to text message to send because he's soooooo important he can't wait 5 whole minutes to reply.
Again we will agree to disagree. However, I must know, why would someone swerve when voice texting?

Please take some videos of kicking butt at the drag strip. Ours have mostly all closed down.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
I can drive and dictate messages. Maybe you can't. So don't and let those who can have the option to do so.
You THINK you can, but the reality is it takes too much attention and replying to a text message is unnecessary while driving. It’s not important enough to be taking your attention off the road. Saying it’s the same as talking is total nonsense, it isn’t.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Again we will agree to disagree. However, I must know, why would someone swerve when voice texting?

Please take some videos of kicking butt at the drag strip. Ours have mostly all closed down.
Because voice texting is unreliable and when it doesn’t make a correct guess at what you said correcting it takes too much attention and lots of times I see people reaching for their phone to do so.

Text messages are not important enough to have that risk to others. Call the person, it’s way less distracting because you don’t have the incorrect guesses. Or just wait until you stop. Unless you’re telling someone how to diffuse a bomb, getting updates about the brain surgery you’re rushing to the hospital to perform or talking an amateur through how to land a jumbo jet when all the pilots are incapacitated your call isn’t that important to start with.

Funny how all the things I mentioned would be done through a call not text, proof that if it really was important you’d be calling and talking to that person. So since by its very definition that text isn’t of dire importance it can wait until you stop.

Sponsored

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
You THINK you can, but the reality is it takes too much attention and replying to a text message is unnecessary while driving. It’s not important enough to be taking your attention off the road. Saying it’s the same as talking is total nonsense, it isn’t.
You're projecting. Dictating a message takes the same amount of effort as speaking or using a voice assistant like Alexa.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
What does take extra effort in voice texting in the Rivian is:

1) physically finding your phone and picking it up
2) looking directly at phone to unlock via FaceID
(You have to secure unlock to send/read texts)
3) long press Siri button
4) visually confirming Siri is activated (they deleted the sound that used to confirm)
5) voicing text

steps 1-4 are a long button press with CarPlay/AA.

It’s much more dangerous texting in a Rivian than any car I’ve owned during the last decade.

And consider the momentum of mv^2, we all have doubled the “m” and most likely have increased the “v”. Stupid mistakes are much more dangerous

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

This thread has become seriously ridiculous and should be locked.
At the very least, move your disagreement to private messages.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
You're projecting. Dictating a message takes the same amount of effort as speaking or using a voice assistant like Alexa.
And that doesn’t work worth a shit either. Your message isn’t important. Wait.

What does take extra effort in voice texting in the Rivian is:

1) physically finding your phone and picking it up
2) looking directly at phone to unlock via FaceID
(You have to secure unlock to send/read texts)
3) long press Siri button
4) visually confirming Siri is activated (they deleted the sound that used to confirm)
5) voicing text

steps 1-4 are a long button press with CarPlay/AA.

It’s much more dangerous texting in a Rivian than any car I’ve owned during the last decade.

And consider the momentum of mv^2, we all have doubled the “m” and most likely have increased the “v”. Stupid mistakes are much more dangerous
Then DONT TEXT. The options aren’t using the shitty voice assistant to send a garbled text or doing it with your phone they are call the person or wait until you get where you’re going.

Obioban

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e46 M3, e39 M5, e46 M3 converted wagon, i3, e60 M5
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Lucid just got added to the short list of cars to buy.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

A drag strip? Talk about dangerous, self indulgent and unnecessary.

Clearing out of traffic faster by speeding? Stupid and unnecessary.
Are you the same idiot that has to argue with everyone on the Hummerchat forum?

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Are you the same idiot that has to argue with everyone on the Hummerchat forum?
Aren’t you the top contributor every month to the Hummerchat forum? A forum for a car you do not own but criticize online like it’s a full time job? Folks, look it up! What’s up with that? 😂

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This thread has become seriously ridiculous and should be locked.
At the very least, move your disagreement to private messages.
Never understood why people get so riled up with the idea of offering people the option to use CarPlay or Android Auto, it’s like a personality trait.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Aren’t you the top contributor every month to the Hummerchat forum? A forum for a car you do not own but criticize online like it’s a full time job? Folks, look it up! What’s up with that? 😂
Moron.

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
And that doesn’t work worth a shit either. Your message isn’t important. Wait.

Then DONT TEXT. The options aren’t using the shitty voice assistant to send a garbled text or doing it with your phone they are call the person or wait until you get where you’re going.
You should stop deciding for other people what is important to them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.