Sponsored

Lucid now has Wireless Apple Car Play . . . will Rivian put this on their road map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Wood trim and power outlets sure. You don’t want your interior to look like shit in a 100k dollar car. That’s what you’re paying for. You don’t need to send a text while driving. It’s dangerous and self indulgent even with voice to text.

Voice to text doesn’t work nearly well enough to not be a massive distraction. It’s not comparable to wood trim or bird sounds. It’s dangerous and unnecessary.

Who needs a $100k truck with 835 HP? It’s dangerous, self indulgent and unnecessary.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I’m betting OP’s original question comes down to coffee. If there is a Starbucks in the Normal plant, I’m guessing yes. If it’s a neighborhood coffee shop, I’m guessing no. I don’t know the answer to my own question. Both make great coffee I’m sure.

That’s my final answer Regis.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Who needs a $100k truck with 835 HP? It’s dangerous, self indulgent and unnecessary.
I can use that speed to avoid danger, or perfectly safely. It's never safe to text and drive.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I can use that speed to avoid danger, or perfectly safely. It's never safe to text and drive.
You never talk to your passengers? That is what is needed, voice text, not 16 year old look at your phone texting. Rivians current solution leads to look at phone texting.

Sponsored

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Honestly, I was expecting a terrible UI experience when I got my R1T based on how often people complain about it. I've only owned mine for a little over 2 weeks, but so far my experience with the infotainment and navigation has exceeded my expectations. Is there room for improvement? Obviously, but the native navigation has served me well so far.

In my experience, when there really is a need to detour from the standard route, Google Maps has already rerouted enough people that the detour ends up being just as time consuming if not more so.

I prefer to source my music from my own library, and streaming over bluetooth sounds good enough for my ears. The Alexa integration works fine for me as well, I haven't had any issues using it to input a new destination or when asking any other commands listed in the manual.

I thought I would miss AA/Carplay more than I do. If Rivian focuses on continuing to improve what they already have, I think it could be much better than relying on a third party source. Remember, right now they are focused on ramping production and trying to become profitable. If they are able to achieve that, a lot more attention can be given to refining what is already a very impressive vehicle.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
You never talk to your passengers? That is what is needed, voice text, not 16 year old look at your phone texting.
No it's not because it doesn't work worth a shit. It's like me trying to talk to a passenger in Japanese. I don't speak Japanese.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
It's never safe to speed.
It is at the drag strip. You want to text on the drag strip go ahead. You could also use the HP and instant torque to get across the street if needed quickly without exceeding the posted limit. It helps you clear out of traffic faster. I use the speed for that all the time, it's a benefit for me.

There is NEVER a situation made safer by texting and driving. It's stupid and unnecessary.

Sponsored

TomInPDX

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
A non critical thing _for you_
Again, the fact that literally every single car made today has it is pretty telling that it’s an important feature, but hey you do you. Texting can and is critical for many of us, whether you choose to believe it or not. Hence all other cars have the feature.
Agreed. It’s so ubiquitous on even the cheapest of autos these days It’s kind of inexcusable not to have some decent way to send and receive texts.

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
It is at the drag strip. You want to text on the drag strip go ahead. You could also use the HP and instant torque to get across the street if needed quickly without exceeding the posted limit. It helps you clear out of traffic faster. I use the speed for that all the time, it's a benefit for me.

There is NEVER a situation made safer by texting and driving. It's stupid and unnecessary.
A drag strip? Talk about dangerous, self indulgent and unnecessary.

Clearing out of traffic faster by speeding? Stupid and unnecessary.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
To put some distance between you and a reckless or drunk driver, I would disagree. There is always inevitably a vehicle on the road that I have no interest driving next to.
Yeah like getting away from the guy who's swerving into my lane trying to get his stupid voice to text message to send because he's soooooo important he can't wait 5 whole minutes to reply.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
A drag strip? Talk about dangerous, self indulgent and unnecessary.

Clearing out of traffic faster by speeding? Stupid and unnecessary.
If you want to use your voice to text on a closed course like a drag strip be my guest. Keep that shit off public roads.

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If you want to use your voice to text on a closed course like a drag strip be my guest. Keep that shit off public roads.
If you want to speed to rush somewhere, use those AT tires and do it off public roads. Stupid and unnecessary
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.