Sponsored

Lucid now has Wireless Apple Car Play . . . will Rivian put this on their road map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Welp, that escalated quickly.

I had a previous deposit on a Lucid but as others note a sedan wasn’t going to work, nor was lack of real local service support, nor was SA sponsorship. The aesthetics also don’t do it for me though many feel differently.

Regardless, the Lucid‘s technology is wildly impressive. Sure the battery tech, range, and performance are eye popping. But the cockpit, UI, controls, and quality of fit and finish are superb - for any vehicle.
Sponsored

Prius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Welp, that escalated quickly.

I had a previous deposit on a Lucid but as others note it wasn’t gonna work as a sedan, or lack of real local service support, or with SA sponsorship. The aesthetics also don’t do it for me though many feel differently.

Regardless, the Lucid‘s technology is wildly impressive. Sure the battery tech, range, and performance are eye popping. But the cockpit, UI, controls, and quality of fit and finish are superb - for any vehicle.
I’m seriously considering getting an Air Sapphire.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
You should stop deciding for other people what is important to them.
You should stop putting people's lives at risk because you think your text message is more important.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Normally, I love a good chick fight. But this one is so - unsatisfying. No bikinis, no mud, no cleavage, nothing landed.

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid now has Wireless Apple Car Play . . . will Rivian put this on their road map? 1679668087614

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Normally, I love a good chick fight. But this one is so - unsatisfying. No bikinis, no mud, no cleavage, nothing landed.
If it's one thing I'm good at, it's disappointing people.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

1679668087614.gif
How dare you have a different opinion than me. I see only one way to settle this.

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid now has Wireless Apple Car Play . . . will Rivian put this on their road map? 1679668327213

jdkent

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Attorney
We all need to email [email protected] and keep requesting CarPlay! I don't understand why Rivian and Tesla insist on dedicating resources into an area that Apple and Google can outspend 1000 to 1, and have been doing so for years. Allow CarPlay and Android Auto to do what they do best, and Rivian needs to stick to making its vehicles the best possible! It's actually dangerous that you cannot hear or speak text messages, as many people will want to do so, and can in any car with CarPlay....

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's actually dangerous that you cannot hear or speak text messages, as many people will want to do so, and can in any car with CarPlay....
I hope the people playing with their phones get ticketed for it. Still waiting for the first complainer here to post on it and say "Rivian made me do it!" Actually maybe those "Rivian Lied!" guys will be the first?

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Then DONT TEXT.
I‘ve recently found the ignore feature works amazingly well on this forum. Let’s do each other a favor and add one another. You’ll find less need to CAPS LOCK post on TEH INTERNETz.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.