Sponsored

Lucid facing supply issues, any reason to think it's different for Rivian?

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
Lucid is facing significant supply challenges, especially chips (as is the case for the industry as a whole). According to the article they now expect to build only 557 Lucid Airs this year, when they originally signaled a production schedule more or less in line with Rivian's. Any reason to think Rivian is not facing the same difficulties? Given that delivery dates were provided back in November, it seems likely to me that 6 months later the assumptions have changed, so delays seem almost inevitable IMO.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ceo-rawlinson-confronts-havoc-in-supply-chain
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I believe Rivian had plenty of time with specific knowledge of demand (based on preorders) and has a low enough quantity that they should not be affected by the chip shortage. And with production so close, I'd hope that they would have announced it by now if there was a significant impact.

@echerod , what part of Costa Rica? Have some friends in Tamarindo & we were just there last month. Pura vida!

OP
OP

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
I believe Rivian had plenty of time with specific knowledge of demand (based on preorders) and has a low enough quantity that they should not be affected by the chip shortage. And with production so close, I'd hope that they would have announced it by now if there was a significant impact.

@echerod , what part of Costa Rica? Have some friends in Tamarindo & we were just there last month. Pura vida!
@skyote I'm from San Jose, Costa Rica, although I vacation close to Tamarindo regularly. Probably one of the few crazy enough to consider bringing an R1S here with no direct support from Rivian, but already did it with my Tesla Model 3 and so far so good!
Sponsored