Lucid Air over 500 miles on a charge!

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Lucid's configurator sets a bar for Rivian and, while higher resolution images would be great, the Lucid configurator's renderings are nice enough, IMO. I certainly don't want Rivian to hold up releasing a configurator because the imagings are "low" resolution.
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Is it just me or do the 3d renderings on their configurator all seem pretty low-res? I like the concept a lot but I find it lagging quite a bit, and would at least appreciate the option of some good ol' hi-res pictures alongside the 3d stuff.
It's hard to take a picture of something that doesn't exist. Renderings are all they can provide until they actually build units in all possible configurations to take photos of.
Rivian may have photos available from the test production run when their configuration goes live.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'd be fine without pictures... Details on options, costs, & that delivery timeframe is all I need!

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Lucid's configurator sets a bar for Rivian and, while higher resolution images would be great, the Lucid configurator's renderings are nice enough, IMO. I certainly don't want Rivian to hold up releasing a configurator because the imagings are "low" resolution.
100% agree, I don't think the configurator should be held up for that at all. Like @skyote says I'd take details on options, costs and corresponding delivery timeframes over any images. It's just that they have withheld all that information up until this point on the premise that it's going to be part of this awesome configurator tool, so I hope theirs looks better than Lucid's.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
It's hard to take a picture of something that doesn't exist. Renderings are all they can provide until they actually build units in all possible configurations to take photos o
Sure, but they can easily provide higher-res renderings - or safer, static high-res images of those renderings if their worried about crashing people's browsers.

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
As predicted, Lucid didn't stay on top very long. We now have the Plaid S also at 520. What's next and from whom?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
As predicted, Lucid didn't stay on top very long. We now have the Plaid S also at 520. What's next and from whom?
Tesla had already announced the Roadster at 600+ in 2017. Todays number is 620 on the Tesla site.

None of these vehicles have actually received an official EPA range rating and are currently estimates. The difference between 517 and 520 is minor, but I have no doubts that Tesla will tweak whatever is required to top the Lucid.

I suspect the Air will top the Plaid S in "real world" tests, particularly if both are charged to the level recommended by the manufacturer. I don't know how/when/if the EPA rules have changed, but the Nissan LEAF was required to average the full and recommended ranges for the EPA label when they used the "daily" and "occasional" charge levels.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Next will be the actual EPA range from Lucid. Also, Lucid will announce something about the 3 motor version of the Air.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Next will be the actual EPA range from Lucid. Also, Lucid will announce something about the 3 motor version of the Air.
The few people that saw the 1/4 mile of the Lucid tri motor gave an indication of it on the los 9s. The Plaid just claimed <9s quarter mile, so i wonder if Lucid will be as eager to share their results now...

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
The few people that saw the 1/4 mile of the Lucid tri motor gave an indication of it on the los 9s. The Plaid just claimed <9s quarter mile, so i wonder if Lucid will be as eager to share their results now...
If the two motor Air can beat the two motor Model S, it doesn't seem unlikely that the 3 motor Air could beat the 3 Motor Model S. They have a number to shoot for now and I expect there may be some back and forth on which vehicle is faster.

Sponsored

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Tesla has now added the Plaid to its Model S order configurator. Unlike with every other model on the configurator, Tesla gave only vague numbers for the Plaid: "estimated" range, "<2.0 seconds" to 60, quarter mile time of "<9.0 seconds".

Lucid released a range based on credible FEV testing by a third party. Lucid released a quarter-mile time from an electronic timer at a track observed by several journalists.

Why do you think the only model on the Tesla order configurator that gives such vague, unsubstantiated numbers is the Plaid?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Why do you think the only model on the Tesla order configurator that gives such vague, unsubstantiated numbers is the Plaid?
My first thought is it is because the design isn't finalized. Also, every other vehicle in the configurator is in production.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
The significance of which is that the production models have received EPA ratings from the EPA whereas the CT, Plaid S and Lucid have not. Their numbers are the manufacturers' best estimates based on analysis, testing and what they think the EPA can be induced to accept in terms of inertial and drag coefficients.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer