Sponsored

Lower than previously announced pricing coming according to Reuters (69k for mid range)!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Here are my guesses, and add $3K for R1S pricing. Hopefully the $7500 federal tax credit will remain in effect, which would be subtracted from my numbers below.

105khw - 60K to 75K
135kh - 65K to 80K
180 kwh - 75K - 90K
Definitely like your guesses more than mine lol. If they hold, we could get the 180kwh base under 70k after the tax incentives.
Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
skyote and others, my impression from what was reported at the Mill Valley/SF event when RJ gestured toward a Rivian and said, paraphrasing now, one like this, well equipped with a 135 kWh battery, electrochromatic roof, and options would be around $69K.

My sense was RJ gestured at the R1S when this happened. I was at the event, but I didn't see the exchange with the Reuters reporter.

I bring this up with reference to your guess the R1S would be $3K more than the R1T. I don't know if this affects your pricing estimates, as I don't know if the gesture meant either Rivian well equipped with the 135 kWh battery would be $69K or if it was explicitly the R1S.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
skyote and others, my impression from what was reported at the Mill Valley/SF event when RJ gestured toward a Rivian and said, paraphrasing now, one like this, well equipped with a 135 kWh battery, electrochromatic roof, and options would be around $69K.

My sense was RJ gestured at the R1S when this happened. I was at the event, but I didn't see the exchange with the Reuters reporter.

I bring this up with reference to your guess the R1S would be $3K more than the R1T. I don't know if this affects your pricing estimates, as I don't know if the gesture meant either Rivian well equipped with the 135 kWh battery would be $69K or if it was explicitly the R1S.
Yeah, just going off the previously announced starting price delta between R1T & R1S of $3K, $3500 actually.
Sponsored