Sponsored

Lower insurance for Tesla > Rivian

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Yeah that is right, I preferred the ADAS on the EV6 because it was available anywhere it could see the lines and then the lane changes, interface and reliability.

I did not trade the EV6 in, I didn’t even have the title yet. I tried selling it myself between forum posts and autotrader and didn’t have a lot of luck but then I called around to the local Kia dealerships and one was willing to meet my price which was nice because they took care of the lien and other things which made it easy. Carvana gave a decent offer as well.

With the low inventory for EV6 models out there you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a buyer (assuming you can swing both at the same time). I in some ways regret selling it.
Makes sense, am hoping Rivian has a fair trade for it to simply lower the tax burden. I don't expect to take delivery until middle of next year so not too worried about it either way. I really am overly impressed with the EV6; I did not expect to "like" a Kia and planned on using it simply as a stepping stone vehicle while awaiting the R1T. But now when I get the R1T I'm sure I'll compare and be annoyed that the Kia did certain things better 🤣
Sponsored

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Just called State Farm yesterday about my future R1T. $648 for six months, which actually is less than I thought it would be. (was hoping it would be cheaper but was being realistic!)
Are you including home insurance too--in a package?

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
I am not. I know this would probably make the R1T premium a bit less.

NMflyfish

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 Toyota T100, 15 Toyota Prius V, 18 Ram 2500C
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Received a quote from SF yesterday for upcoming (not very sOOn) R1S. $634/6 months - multi-auto and multi-line (i.e. home and umbrella) discounts.

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
For reasons I won't go into, I have two companies insuring my many autos. My homeowners insurance is with the other company.

Sponsored

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
For reasons I won't go into, I have two companies insuring my many autos. My homeowners insurance is with the other company.
So I just called my other insurance company, Allstate, and they told my premium would go UP $1100 for 6 months so $2200/ year to insure the R1T!!!! And this is with homeowners and multi vehicle discount with them! So I am going with State Farm for sure!

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Enjoy it while you can. Appears insurance companies don't know what they're dealing with yet. My first Tesla was cheap, then the premiums went up 4 times the original premium within 3 years. Finally switched to Tesla insurance which is much more reasonable. I assume the Rivian premiums will increase over time as well.

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
My R1S is $200 cheaper new than my three year old M3P.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

My 2015 Tesla 70D is $815/6mo with USAA. Their quote for replacing it with a Rivian lowered the six month premium to the low $600s. But then I added options (like 20% over replacement cost reimbursement for a totaled vehicle) that brings me to $731/6mo. Still less than a seven year old Tesla.
Sponsored