Sponsored

Lordstown Endurance Unveiling

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet but I'm curious to see what they have to say. I have zero interest for myself but I can see where commercial fleet operators might.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/25/lordstown-endurance-pickup-truck-prototype-in-wheel-motors/

EDIT: I will say that I really, really hope Rivian is able to deliver the 1st R1T before Lordstown's delivers its first Endurance. It really means nothing but it sure would be nice for Rivian to be able to claim first delivery - even if they are targeting different markets.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
electruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Ok, just sped through the video at 1.5-1.75x playback. Didn't seem to reveal anything new. Don't waste your time on the video, the electrek highlights are more than sufficient. Seemed more like a pep rally for the local community than a pep rally for the truck.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Even if I didn't think it was kind of ugly, I'd be wanting to wait and see a year or two to see how it goes with the motor-in-wheel thing. They may regret calling it "Endurance" if those motors aren't nigh-indestructible.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
As for the truck, why does every manufacturer aside from Lordstown try to lessen unsprung weight at the wheels? Because it's one of the easiest ways to improve performance and reliability.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Well, I don't want to drag this out but you guys might want to keep in mind that I've been insulted twice so far. It was suggested my post was crap and that I was speaking for people who I don't know when they are in fact my friends, family and neighbors. I have not responded in kind, and nobody has actually told me what it is about my posts that is offending them. If you would like to delve into specifics so we can figure out what your trigger warnings are, I'd be happy consider them so I can avoid sticking a pin in those raw delicate nerves unnecessarily moving forward. Provided of course we can all agree that this country was founded on a core principle of liberty and gays and other minorities are real people and that they don't infringe on other people's liberty through their mere existence.

Sponsored

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
nobody has actually told me what it is about my posts that is offending them
I think most people are sick and tired of politics right now. They come here to talk about Rivian and EV’s. I think that’s why people objected to your post.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
It's undeniable that in the midst of an epidemic and political mess of epic proportions, Lordstown chose to invite the V.P. to its BEV truck unveiling and the V.P. turned the unveiling into a campaign event. What does it have to do with Rivian and EVs? A lot or a little depending on many things, personal and political, but it's undeniably noteworthy.

With Lordstown, Nikola and Tesla so much in the news of late, it does seem that Rivian has increased a tempo of releasing testing videos and news about Normal, relocating engineering resources to California, and new hires. And it's smart. There's a news cycle and staying in the public eye is important, especially when other companies are vying for attention.

Some of us want Rivian to wait until it has something concrete and viable, like a configurator, before it beats its own drum, but it's strategic for Rivian to keep building public awareness by releasing reasonably frequent new stories, promotion videos and unabashed PR. It's the age we live in.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I think most people are sick and tired of politics right now. They come here to talk about Rivian and EV’s. I think that’s why people objected to your post.
It's not politics to note that gays and minorities are overwhelmingly not big fans of Mike Pence and that alienating them needlessly was a dumb move. What are any of you actually flagging as "politics" here? If it were about somebody dragging politics into it, why aren't you mad at Lordstown?

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Alright, well with the deletion of those posts I guess I'm just going to have to take that as the admins of this forum asserting that gays and minorities being lesser humans than the rest of us is a valid political point of view and therefore a taboo one to even mention in terms of a business strategy error. The problem here is that that the GoP has grown so hateful we can't include what it supports or doesn't support as political and still be responsible Americans. But don't take it from liberal me. Look at all those Republicans that jumped ship. I'll show myself the door. You all just be "comfortable" with what you don't want to see proof of or admit out loud.

I'll show myself the door.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
It is political to talk about politics. Talking about who likes or dislikes the VP or any other political figure is talking politics. Best left alone. Talk about the truck and the total lack of detail presented in the presentation, and the superfluous presence the VP. As far as I can tell, they might as well of shown us a picture (Artists rendering) of what they are going to make some time in the future.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
If someone does not want to support a company that is supported by a politician or political party that holds beliefs different than their own, that is their prerogative.

But if the admins delete a post that is off topic and rants about the bias of an individual speaking at an EV event, that does not mean that they support the beliefs of that individual.

Getting conservatives (even ultra conservatives) on board the EV bandwagon is a good thing.
Sponsored