• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Other Location Looking to Sell? Know this first!

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
I was planning to sell my truck via Cars and Bids. Over the course of eight days they had me jump through their various hoops- "yes, you've been accepted, now send us this" only on the EIGHTH day did they bother to tell me that it would be 3-4 weeks until my auction appeared because of other Rivians ahead of mine, "we hope this is not a problem". If you're looking for a timely way to sell yours, beware that you will likely waste a week of your time and multiple submissions of photos, videos, and documentation before you will know when they might actually list your vehicle.

It's just my opinion that this also a disservice to a buyer. You may accept a lesser preferred version than you really wanted just because you had no idea another one or more were coming available.

Very poor form on their part, IMO.
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Go to BAT auctions. $99 to sell your truck.

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
They've always limited to one of the same vehicle at once though. Been watching all of the R1Ts on Cars and Bids and the community there is very much aware there's a line of Rivian's in the queue. One is always up there back to back weeks.

The days of 138k are gone. Last few are down to 110's now. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 100k sale soon there.

C&Bs rejected my Tundra 4x4 when I was trying to sell that. Wasn't cool enough for their enthusiast community they said. I thought my Tundra was pretty cool. 😪

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
This is how Cars and Bids works. They’re pretty clear that they curate their list and stagger when their auctions close. If a quick flip is your goal, they are likely not the best site. They’ll also remove your listing if you don’t engage with bidders who ask you questions.

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
I want to add; Bring a Trailer did the same thing. Except they first took a 99 dollar listing fee. THEN they told me it would be weeks until it would be listed. I will say that when I complained, they quickly agreed to refund my money.

Reactions: sub

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Right now a lot of people are trying to make a big profit flipping their Rivian before the pool of rich and/or impulsive buyers dries up.

Your complaint seems to be about Auctions. It's counterproductive for Auction sites to list a bunch of the same vehicle at the same time and they have plenty of R1Ts ahead of yours to sell first.

There are many other place to sell your truck if that's what you want to do. Just set your price and list it on a bunch of other sites. Or sell it directly to a car broker who has rich clients.

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
Actually, my complaint is about transparency. They're obviously free to conduct auctions one-at-a-time if they feel that's in their best interests. (I'm not sure how it's in the seller's best interest if he has to wait weeks to realize a sale of a depreciating asset, and I'm not sure how it's in the best interest of a buyer if he can't see what his choices are in upcoming colors or options, but hey...)

But they need to tell sellers up front that it will be weeks, not lead them on and on and have them jump through hoops and pay money (BaT) and only then inform them.

BTW, mine was sold through this forum.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I'm kinda hoping the queue of auction sales starts driving the resale price down so it's easier to justify keeping my truck when it arrives.😆

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
As others note, last two R1T auction sales were at $107k and $109k.

Meanwhile, delaying or staggering a few auctions probably a good move to get delayed titles processed, let alone for price stability.

DA, glad your sale worked out.
Sponsored