Sponsored

Look what they need to mimic

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Definitely sounds better than a Rivian.

We need a revisit of this when it comes out. I'd also like to see the same thing done on a loose surface, to see which can launch faster to 60, but also remain planted and in control.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Also, for a bit more in depth

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
The add was a bit out there. I would have this agains R1T racing to the kids soccer field and grocery store with a background elevator music when they are stuck in a backup may be showing how many of those horses they actually get to use.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Neither here nor there, but I absolutely love the motor note in the R1T. I don't know how much of it is deliberate (seems to be at least partly a consequences of four motors plus the way the body is mounted to the frame), but it's really pleasant and pegged to accelerator input in a way that is completely unlike my Tesla (which just sounds like coil whine at the edge of my hearing).

Probably the most unexpected delight in my Rivian ownership experience so far.

Sponsored

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Personally ICE V8 V12 etc will always sound better over electric. Glad to see the V8 back over the 6.

Hope they sell a ton. (Heavy Ford share holder)

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Neither here nor there, but I absolutely love the motor note in the R1T. I don't know how much of it is deliberate (seems to be at least partly a consequences of four motors plus the way the body is mounted to the frame), but it's really pleasant and pegged to accelerator input in a way that is completely unlike my Tesla (which just sounds like coil whine at the edge of my hearing).

I've been on the fence about how I feel about the motor noise. I like the sound of it, but part of me also wants an EV that's not going to have a noticible motor drone in the background when driving long distance.

OP
OP
Kgautam28

Kgautam28

First Name
Gautam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, Mustang mache GT, Range Rover Velar
Occupation
Software

We need a revisit of this when it comes out. I'd also like to see the same thing done on a loose surface, to see which can launch faster to 60, but also remain planted and in control.
It will still be the R1T that beats it all

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Raptor R for a cool $109k. It's truly what a 'super truck' can be.
A friend of mine ordered one immediately. He might get it before I get my R1T.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I've been on the fence about how I feel about the motor noise. I like the sound of it, but part of me also wants an EV that's not going to have a noticible motor drone in the background when driving long distance.
I really haven't noticed it on road trips, only when accelerating.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This doesn't have to turn into a "my truck has more HP than your truck" pissing contest.

Yeah... The R1T has slightly quicker acceleration. I'm sure the raptor owner will gladly give you that edge on acceleration in exchange for having standard truck features such a real cupholders, a glove box, the ability to tow long distance without wasting 40 minutes or more charging every 90 miles, and Android Auto and Carplay as an added bonus.

If winning a drag race is more important to some than those other features, great! I'm glad we have lots of great trucks to choose from.

I personally would rather have a Rivian than a Raptor, but the difference in horsepower is not even remotely important to me. Both have more horsepower and acceleration than I need from a truck.

They are both exceptional trucks with their own pluses and minuses.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large

I second this. I've owned a few EVs and driven way more, but the R1T motor noise *feels* the most aggressive and responsive, in a good way.
Sponsored