Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That audio makes the video really hard to watch, for me. Why would they add such loud music over people talking?

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Would’ve been a lot better without the stupid background music added in! makes it very distracting and difficult to hear the demo person speak.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
JFC turn your phone sideways we don't look at the world like a giant vertical rectangle.

dsudot77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tiguan
JFC turn your phone sideways we don't look at the world like a giant vertical rectangle.
I find it amazing that lots of people record videos vertically, as if they have never ever tried to watch a video before in their life.....for a suppossed superior being that we are assumed to be, we are also very dumb at times too

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I find it amazing that lots of people record videos vertically, as if they have never ever tried to watch a video before in their life.....for a suppossed superior being that we are assumed to be, we are also very dumb at times too
This is the way to do it if you are filming for Instagram, Tik Tok, etc.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This interface looking, purely in my opinion, and a looong time user of Apple CarPlay to be far far superior...

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have used CarPlay for years...there has been 1 update to the UI. It's horrible. Can't wait to ditch it...Just today banners from Waze blocked the down scroll icon...and then Radio usage, text UI covering the whole screen....

I have a feeling when people use a UI designed for a much much larger res/screen they will be shocked the sort of compromises Apple was forced to make by one OS, many devices...Note they have abhorred that w/ both iOS and OS X controlling both software and HW largely for the history of the company....

CarPlay/Android Auto is not a replacement but addition to the car's interface.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
I have used CarPlay for years...there has been 1 update to the UI. It's horrible. Can't wait to ditch it...Just today banners from Waze blocked the down scroll icon...and then Radio usage, text UI covering the whole screen....

I have a feeling when people use a UI designed for a much much larger res/screen they will be shocked the sort of compromises Apple was forced to make by one OS, many devices...Note they have abhorred that w/ both iOS and OS X controlling both software and HW largely for the history of the company....
Sorry, I Completely disagree.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
About? I’ll remind you of a Steve Jobs quote: “People don't know what they want until you show it to them. That's why I never rely on market research. Our task is to read things that are not yet on the page.”

CarPlay is the least Apple like interface (my first computer was a First gen Mac 128k in 1985) they have ever designed.

Sorry, I Completely disagree.

Last edited:

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Nov 20. No non-employee deliveries. :(

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Just because you can do it in a UI doesn't mean you should. I don't get why they put the climate controls only in UI. Physical buttons are better here. Basically unusable while driving, or at the very least impair your driving. Too much copying of Tesla here, even down to directing the airflow.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I stopped by the Rivian Hub in Venice again today. It was really quiet and I was able to sit in the truck for about 30 minutes, poking around the UI and specifically the maps. I think they have gotten at least one new OTA update into the trucks because the mapping interface was nearly flawless. Completely fluid scrolling around, pinching, zooming, rotating.

The front camera view is still the grainy seemingly low-res view but the framerate was much better as well - definitely 30+fps. The side and rear cameras were all pixel-perfect seemingly HD views. I don't know what's up with the front camera.

I brought up my beef about no USB music (not even with an iPhone or Android plugged in over a cable) and was told that they've been getting this question (and frustration) a lot. I don't know if anyone on the firmware team is hearing the feedback but it's really something that needs to be considered.
Sponsored