List your Rivian (Enterprise) provided loaner car during service

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I asked about that, it sounded like R1 loaner first, if available, then rental for NJ. Rideshare if you want, but that doesn't work for NJ and suburbs. They also told me they have been blocked from building and selling in NJ so far by the laws (although Tesla has had quite a few SC for 5+ years ). He kept encouraging me to push on the state to let them in.
They already signed a lease for a location in NJ. My delivery guide couldn't give me anymore details but that it's in Mercer Co.
Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
  1. 2022 Ford Edge - Total shitbox, but at least it had CarPlay
  2. 2022 R1T - Santa Claus spec (RC/FE with 20" wheels), appreciated having a loaner to replace the Edge
  3. 2022 Chevy Silverado High Country - Pre-refresh, so dated interior (and yet CarPlay! on a tiny little screen), but spacious
Loaners are clearly preferred for both parties, but at least they attempt to provide a decent rental experience.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Received the biggest POS Tacoma. Returned it and contacted SC for a loaner. Got a loaner and then the next two visits they also hooked me up with a loaner.

I told them a gasoline rental is not acceptable and they said if they are out of loaners then they could get me a Tesla rental.

snakeey11

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limestone R1T, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Engineer
Polestar 2

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTravels

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
One thing to keep in mind when receiving the Rivian loaner car from Enterprise is Rivian covers 1 tank of fuel… you are allowed to return the car empty. This is the first rental I’ve experience from any manufacturer / dealership that doesn’t ask for the customer to return the loaner with a comparable tank to what they received.

Jamlank

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I got a polestar v2. It sucked. Made me more pumped than ever on my Rivian.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Anything specialty (exotic, luxury, suburban, expedition max) can be upgraded to for a fee at Enterprises discretion. Although depending on the enterprise they will sometimes do even these upgrades for free.
This is just how enterprise works in general. I used them a lot for work when i had to go on road trips and it all depended on the cars they had on the lot that day. Many times I'd pick up as soon as they open and they hadn't had time to shuffle inventory around to meet the days reservations.

For a mid size reservation my 2 favs so far have been a Charger and a Mustang. Fun cars to drive. I didn't really fit in the mustang though.

I really like my local enterprise, they have always been great to me.

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Polestar 2 today as well

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
2021 BMW X3
2021 Polestar 2
R1T service loaner
2021 Audi Q5
2021 Nissan Leaf
2021 Audi A5 Sportback

Sponsored

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

When my truck was being serviced back in December the Enterprise near the Brooklyn SC gave me a pretty beat up Chevy Colorado with a check engine light. Wasn't great and got a whole 10.5mpg but it was better than the uber credits they initially offered me. It's a small location so wasn't any other option and going over to JFK or LGA didn't seem worth it for a few day estimate (ended up being close to 2 weeks).

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
In LA the Enterprise has some EVs. I got a Polestar 2 for the day while they worked on my car.
I got some gawd-awful BMW hybrid 5series that the stupid windshield wiper flew off of during the pouring rain yesterday. The seat is too small (I am not a big person by any means), the UI/UX is horrible….I used to like BMW’s but this thing sucks.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Mine is in for another couple of simple issues (including the center console hold snapping - this design is too complicated and will fail for everyone at some point. Argh.)

Same Enterprise Rental location, Different Kia Niro. This time black. The car is fine. My son likes it, so there’s that. At least it’s electric, and since we’re not going up to the snow this weekend, I didn’t need to take the Nissan Armada they had on the lot.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Asked for an EV, but was told none were available (a Kona EV was being picked up while I was waiting for my vehicle) so I was given a Chevrolet Traverse. Got it more of a "just in case", never actually used it, just sat in my garage.

Was not a great experience, car wasn't ready until a day after they said it would be (2 days after my truck was picked up), and not at the location closest to me, had to use the provided Lyft credits to get there to pick it up.

Maybe Rivian should partner with Hertz, they seem to have a larger EV inventory.

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
Mine was a 22 Highlander. I hated that thing so much.
Sponsored