Sponsored

List of things you LOVE about your Rivian!

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
  • That it's a real color (Compass Yellow FTW!)
  • That it seems to do everything, and do everything well
  • Being able to just run to the store and pick up boards & plywood (my first truck), but not have to haul around an unnecessarily large bed the rest of the time (gooseneck hinge FTW!)
  • Confusing the heck out of people with the frunk (not my first EV, we used to get this with our Model S all the time)
  • The interior is just sooo much nicer than our Model S
  • COOLED SEATS ARE THE BEST
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
I'm almost 4 months in. I still love it. In my Army days we used to say, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again". I'm the squirrel. I got in at the right time on something amazing! The three things I love are:
Phone opening and locking. Works amazing for me.
The "bat" lights on the ground when it is dark. Well done!
The amazing "above" view camera so you can parallel park like an expert or just make sure you are fully in the lines is an amazing feature. Everyone in the car when used was blown away and thought it was magic.
Ha! Nice...bat light.

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
The look on peoples faces after I do a 0-80 launch.
The best all around vehicle ever made
the screen matches my truck same wheels and color my OCD loves this
also the truck in the screen matches what the truck is doing just yesterday realized if you open or close the tonneau from the screen it shows it moving.
has more storage than a car with the frunk and gear tunnel but still has a bed
Sweet!!

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
+1 to what others posted above! Wasn't expecting this, but the headlights are amazing! Low beams have a super wide and even spread to what seems like almost 180 degrees. Prevented me from squishing little furry critters couple times in just a couple weeks. The auto high beams also have a huge spread and react quickly on darker roads and are easy to toggle on/off if they get overzealous.

CJC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volt
  • That it's a real color (Compass Yellow FTW!)
  • That it seems to do everything, and do everything well
  • Being able to just run to the store and pick up boards & plywood (my first truck), but not have to haul around an unnecessarily large bed the rest of the time (gooseneck hinge FTW!)
  • Confusing the heck out of people with the frunk (not my first EV, we used to get this with our Model S all the time)
  • The interior is just sooo much nicer than our Model S
  • COOLED SEATS ARE THE BEST
Compass Yellow, nice! My CY is being delivered Monday 🥳

I imagine it’s drawing a lot of attention. The funny thing is I don’t really want the attention it will bring, I’ve just always loved yellow vehicles, and couldn’t wait to trade in my Silverado for an EV. But I’ll get used to it.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Compass Yellow, nice! My CY is being delivered Monday 🥳

I imagine it’s drawing a lot of attention. The funny thing is I don’t really want the attention it will bring, I’ve just always loved yellow vehicles, and couldn’t wait to trade in my Silverado for an EV. But I’ll get used to it.
Awesome! Welcome to the cool kids club!

Yeah, it drew a ton of attention early on. Less so for the last couple weeks (I have no idea why the drop-off), but we've done a couple dozen impromptu show-and-tells so far. It's been almost entirely positive, even from the good-ole-boys!

Reactions: CJC

Mark’s RT-1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y and Model Y Perf. And some other EVs
Occupation
Bus. Owner.
Clubs

It hauls a 900 lb. HD like it is barely back there. No joke. Steering and all functions including leveling feel like it is not loaded. đź‘Ť
Rivian R1T R1S List of things you LOVE about your Rivian! E5C45439-BC1C-445B-9813-FEC7F563827C

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Like many, I read the auto journals, checked out a few videos and read many forum posts, so my expectations were set fairly high. However, after 15 hours of ownership, one thing that surprised me is the little details. Things like the yellow around the badges and on the wheels, the nice touches in the interior like the fabric on the center wood trim, the quality of the headliner, the construction of the headlights. There's just too many to list. I'm very impressed.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

It’s yellow. Not my favorite shade of yellow, but yellow nevertheless.

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
My R1t checks all of the boxes.
The ride can be like a luxury car or low and hard like a sports car, great fast cornering.
The comfort is unmatched in any vehicle that I have driven.
Off road capabilities are unmatched.
The storage is fantastic. When on a road trip all of my gear Is secure and not visible.
The driving features are great. Every time I get into it I am excited about my drive. Got my truck in July and already have 5k on the odometer.

Sponsored

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
It has *a lot* of party tricks, maybe it's just because it's new but all my friends love to see it because it's pretty quirky. It's also stupid fast and overall handles way better than it has any right to (though at a bit of a penalty to ride quality.)

At the same time it's not super "look at me" from the outside, just enough to know it's a bit different.

Last edited:

Ivman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Y Performance, 2016 Ram Rebel, R1T
Clubs

Something I have learned to appreciate is how the rear doors swing and how narrow they are and how they cut in (due to the gear tunnel). This is super helpful when in a parking place and getting your kid in / out of the car seat.

Jemel

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I’m still getting used to it, coming from a Model 3 and a 4Runner before that (it’s bigger than both), but here’s what I love so far:
  • If I don’t like the ride dynamics I can change it, and it really does change by quite a bit. Never had a vehicle that did that.
  • Birds eye view. It rocks when trying to squeeze into my garage. My garage is at a 90° angle to my driveway so it’s all the more important.
  • High riding vantage point that I missed terribly in the Model 3. Could barely see over a pebble when trying to make a turn out of a road with that thing!
  • Sheer stability. It’s a giant lumbering beast but even when I feel it’s not going to take the next tight curve well it surprises me with its nimbleness. Seriously, this thing’s turning radius is as tight as my much smaller Model 3.
  • Roominess. I’m 6’4”, and getting out of my Model 3 was basically like it giving birth to me. The Rivian feels like a Gilded Age great hall by comparison!
Sponsored