Sponsored

List of things you LOVE about your Rivian!

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Hey guys,

We've all had our crabby, negative posts, but I'm personally getting tired of the "this broke, and that broke", and "things I'd change" b-sessions. Rivian produced a killer company and an exceeding awesome vehicle.

I took the plunge and moved forward with my order - completed the steps - and should be taking delivery in about 2-weeks!

For this thread, what excites you the most every time you get into your Rivian? What are you in love with about the truck? What do you enjoy over your previous vehicles? What should future owners be most excited about?

Please share all your most positive thoughts and experience as Rivian owners! I'm VERY excited to receive my truck, and would love to hear more about what I have to look forward to!

Thank you!
Sponsored

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Love this idea!
Three quick things for me:
  • I love how it drives. I've never really enjoyed driving... until now. It is truly fun each and every time, even when I'm not punching it.
  • Personally, I have really loved phone-as-a-key. It works well for me, although I do keep a keycard in my magsafe wallet on the back of my phone just in case. Not having to bring along a key fob is liberating. I know other cars do this as well, but not one that I've owned and it is REALLY nice.
  • I do a lot of kid shuttling to and from practice and games, and it seems like practice always runs over. I love just hanging out in the truck, sometimes for an hour at a time, with the AC running and not worrying about whether idling is ruining my car or whether I am shooting out all kinds of exhaust fumes. With this being my first EV, this part of it has been an absolute game-changer for my use case.

Sponsored

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

I'm very surprised with how well the phone as a key and proximity key work. I read so many negative comments about it. It works great for me. I walk away, and the vehicle unlocks. I walk up and it locks. I walk close by it not wanting to drive and it stays locked. It doesn't constantly unlock and lock unless and I get very very close.
It does drain your phone battery though. But, hey, that's made to charge and I charge my phone every night, so not a big deal. Worth not having to fumble around for a fob.

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Range Rover Velar, 2017 Colorado ZR2
Occupation
SaaS Sales
Great idea - I visit this forum 10+ times per day to keep up with everything and ideally to read positive things. The negativity was taking away from the want to visit the forum.

Iā€™m not an owner yet but personally canā€™t wait to have my first EV and make a small small dent in bettering the future of our planet, as we all are (I think).

im also excited to join some of the Rivian meet ups in Denver and take it off the beaten path with people who are equally obsessed withRivian as I am.

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

Coming from a ICE vehicle, driving this is entirely new and fun. It's hard to describe. But I'm seriously excited every time I have to drive anywhere. It is so different and just so fun. It feels like driving a spaceship. The process of just walking up, getting in, and going-without pushing any buttons at all is wild and liberating.

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Great reply so far! I'm coming from several Teslas, but the couple times I've driven the rivian have been fantastic. When I went to the Venice Beach location in the spring I knew this company was on to something special.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
  • The Brand and what it stands for. After seeing this Rivian video, it sealed the deal for my preorder.
  • Being a part of something that has revolutionized the industry and makes the world better.
  • The pure thrill of driving, similar to when I used to drive a manual.
  • Every time I drive my R1T it makes me grateful that I have one and appreciate all the work Rivian has done to create such an amazing vehicle

kdd4esq

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V60 CC
Iā€™ve had my R1T for about 5 weeks and 2000 miles. I am still definitely in the honeymoon stage as it makes me smile every time I see it or drive it.
  • It is truly fun to drive, from the power to the one-pedal driving, to the way it handles. Itā€™s my first EV so some of this may be applicable to other EVs as well but itā€™s just fun to get in and go.
  • Like a few others, my experience with PAAK has been great. It has annoying moments where it doesnā€™t unlock until Iā€™m at the door for a moment or it locks when Iā€™m getting something out of the truck bed, but those moments are few and far between. For me. Your mileage may vary.
  • Iā€™ve had to use it as a mobile office a few times and it is very comfortable. Being able to plug in my laptop and use the WiFi hotspot has been an unexpected plus.
  • My use case includes lots of kids sports and the truck excels at shuttling kids to/from fields, with more then enough room for everything from equipment to coolers to chairs, etc. And it can park anywhere.
  • First off-road adventure and first camping trip will both be in October. Expecting great things!

Markā€™s RT-1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y and Model Y Perf. And some other EVs
Occupation
Bus. Owner.
Clubs

1-The ride quality.

Have Model Y versions now, both kinds and the ride is crappy comparatively. Model X didnā€™t ride this well.

2- Driving it. Very peaceful, tranquil drive.

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
- Driving it
- The size
- The looks, especially that it does not look like millions of other trucks. F150 for example.
Agree, and I feel like it's a "just right" size. I can't imagine parking an F150 in my garage. Or a Cybertruck šŸ˜†

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
  • The Brand and what it stands for. After seeing this Rivian video, it sealed the deal for my preorder.
  • Being a part of something that has revolutionized the industry and makes the world better.
  • The pure thrill of driving, similar to when I used to drive a manual.
  • Every time I drive my R1T it makes me grateful that I have one and appreciate all the work Rivian has done to create such an amazing vehicle
Humm...I'm going to have to watch that again!
Sponsored