Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I wanted to share a checklist I made based upon 2-3 other resources I've found between forums, Reddit and the RS community. All existing checklists had redundant items so I've consolidated into a single PDF, and have also added a few things I've seen/heard from the community, as well as things I've found on my R1 delivery.

I will also mention during your inspection of the vehicle, be vocal about EVERYTHING. Share what you find with the Rivian Delivery Agent and ask them to log notes to your delivery. You may also need to schedule service for certain issues upon delivery. Example - I had alignment issues, paint issues, and interior issues, which required a service appointment creation same day as delivery.

Last, don't be afraid to reject your delivery should you find issues like paint or body issues, or if it looks like anything was repainted or replaced prior to your delivery date.

EDIT:
I've replaced the checklist with a landscape version.

Attachments

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I wanted to share a checklist I made based upon 2-3 other resources I've found between forums, Reddit and the RS community. All existing checklists had redundant items so I've consolidated into a single PDF, and have also added a few things I've seen/heard from the community, as well as things I've found on my R1 delivery.

I will also mention during your inspection of the vehicle, be vocal about EVERYTHING. Share what you find with the Rivian Delivery Agent and ask them to log notes to your delivery. You may also need to schedule service for certain issues upon delivery. Example - I had alignment issues, paint issues, and interior issues, which required a service appointment creation same day as delivery.

Last, don't be afraid to reject your delivery should you find issues like paint or body issues, or if it looks like anything was repainted or replaced prior to your delivery date.
Thank you! That is super helpful! At delivery how long was the test drive?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

Thank you! That is super helpful! At delivery how long was the test drive?
I did a 12mi loop around my area, which gets me on some roads that are up to 50mph and 5 miles of highway at 70mph. I also get on a small stretch of tar & chip pavement that will give the vehicle some good shaking - helps diagnose any rattling.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I wanted to share a checklist I made based upon 2-3 other resources I've found between forums, Reddit and the RS community.
I had offered to consolidate feedback into my checklist, but I guess you missed that. Yours is fine too, thanks for creating it, but please do take a moment to copy/ paste items you missed. There are quite a few, for example testing USB-C for power and gear guard download, testing outlets, testing the compressor.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e1oYf0mDcZLJ8ejdgZpEBLJna1naaHIOVyj_ZVnO3xE/edit?usp=drivesdk

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

I had offered to consolidate feedback into my checklist, but I guess you missed that. Yours is fine too, thanks for creating it, but please do take a moment to copy/ paste items you missed. There are quite a few, for example testing USB-C for power and gear guard download, testing outlets, testing the compressor.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e1oYf0mDcZLJ8ejdgZpEBLJna1naaHIOVyj_ZVnO3xE/edit?usp=drivesdk

I'm working off a PC that has access to Google drive stuff blocked so I can't see your list, and I also hate working off Google Drive spreadsheets :D

I do believe I saw it a few weeks back when I made my checklist. I basically took all the items that can be easily checked over during the inspection period, and more specifically the items that NEED to be addressed during delivery. Many of the other checklists have A TON of detail, more detail than what's truly needed to be looked at during delivery.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

more detail than what's truly needed to be looked at during delivery.
True, much of what I created was for testing during the first seven days of ownership. That should be more clearly separated. There are now at least three lists floating around. Mine is a doc, not a spreadsheet, but I can message you with a copy/paste version of what's in it if you are willing to create a new superceding doc.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I’ve had my truck for a while now, and I haven’t even used all of its features. I’m afraid if I use the compressor I’ll never be able to get the hose back in its case.

I did use a checklist and appreciate all your efforts.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I’ve had my truck for a while now, and I haven’t even used all of its features. I’m afraid if I use the compressor I’ll never be able to get the hose back in its case.

I did use a checklist and appreciate all your efforts.
I didn't have a problem getting it back in the case. A tip someone else gave was to put your empty organizer case in its compartment, then coil the hose in.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Great. I can see this hose will be just like the extension cords I can't store like the "professionals" :facepalm:

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S/INEOS Grenadier/etc.
Occupation
retired
is there a check list for the R1S?

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞

EDIT:
I've replaced the checklist with a landscape version.
How long did it take you to do a thorough inspection using this checklist? Does the SC allot enough time for you to do what you feel you need to do, i.e., go through your list?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

How long did it take you to do a thorough inspection using this checklist? Does the SC allot enough time for you to do what you feel you need to do, i.e., go through your list?
The wife and I tackled it together and it took us about 20 minutes. Whether you’re picking up at a SC or it’s delivered, you have plenty of time to go through it.
Sponsored