Sponsored

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
I suppose as long as you know what/where to check right then and in the next few days of receipt.
Sponsored

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Thanks all for these great lists; getting ready to take delivery this afternoon of my R1S and will be bringing these along! I see that some things have changed since original config; fewer tie downs, perhaps reduced number of keys (I assume they don’t give the pelican case any more for launch edition?), no outlet in frunk, wood trim dropped from back of seats. I’ll report back if other things are reduced.

eastcoastfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

Got my R1T today, dented frunk lip and tonneau has no power at delivery. Gaps too.
When you took delivery, was your guide present? Did you refuse delivery or take it and then contact customer service?

My max pack 2020 pre-order won't be ready for a while but I want to be prepared if there are egregious issues on delivery day.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

When you took delivery, was your guide present? Did you refuse delivery or take it and then contact customer service?

My max pack 2020 pre-order won't be ready for a while but I want to be prepared if there are egregious issues on delivery day.
Your guide is never at delivery. It’s a delivery agent from the service center.

tbananas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure

There was certainly a Rivian person there to deliver the vehicle to me, but it was not my guide that I had been dealing with via email (probably in another state). I forgot mention that the alignment was so bad the vehicle pulled very strongly to the left and the steering wheel was at least 15 degrees, maybe 20 degrees, off center. I did not refuse delivery because the guy said I'd probably go to the end of the line. I was shocked that nobody noticed the alignment or the dents and they probably knew the tonneau did not work. He promised the tonneau would be fixed along with everything else as soon as I made a service appointment. I made an appointment for about 7-8 things, they resolved some but not all of them and I still have no working tonneau and the gap between the hood and headlights is so big that the hood moves around at highway speed or at a carwash during the drying phase. On top of all this, there are a ton of squeaks and rattles in the cabin, and the suspension is very loud and clunky. They say the suspension is fine, but why does it sound like this? My wife's Range Rover Sport has air suspension and is whisper quiet. R1T is an amazing vehicle but they really need to do a better job with this stuff or they won't last long. I can't believe all the glowing YouTube videos and reviews - how did nobody notice the squeaks, rattles, and suspension clunking? Apparently this is common for just about everyone. Plus I would never have bought it if I knew it did not have a powered tonneau and I am super angry about that. They should have told me ahead of delivery that it was not going to work and that a fix for the defective design was still in its infancy...will it ever come? How long must I wait? I do not want a truck without a powered hard tonneau but now I have one. Not very useful to me and why I bought it. Why no compensation? Why no refund for tonneau option? What about the value of the months or years I will not have that?

Sponsored

eastcoastfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

@tbananas , that is rough to hear. Sounds like quality with different deliveries has a very wide range. I am going to consolidate the checklists people have been posting here and go through it as much as possible on delivery day. I may even just pick my R1T up at a service center so I can (in theory) take as much time as possible to inspect and test drive. $80k-ish is a lot of money. So sorry you went through that.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Hyundai Veloster N R1T & R1S on order
Occupation
Ha ha
I have not read thoroughly the tread but I got a vin number today and I am thinking it is a 2022 . Are they all 22 or are there some people who are getting 23s . Since it’s 23 I am not sure what is the difference.

R1TCentralMa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
I have not read thoroughly the tread but I got a vin number today and I am thinking it is a 2022 . Are they all 22 or are there some people who are getting 23s . Since it’s 23 I am not sure what is the difference.
The R1T I selected from the shop, a couple of weeks ago, was built in April of this year, per my guide. Go to the below page to at least check the year and or ask support, a guide once assigned.

https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/Decoder
Sponsored