Lincoln SUV will be first First vehicle built on Rivian skateboard chassis

RayzorBEV

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
This collaboration will help Rivian as much as Ford. Rivian will gain insights to manufacturing, vendor and distribution structure . Ford will have instant access to latest battery/motor skateboard chassis; they just need to provide a body and interior. As far as I know, Dr Scaringe mentioned that he would sell direct and service his BEVs via mobile service vehicles provided by Cox. If this hold true, this will be an idea symbiotic relationship for a legacy venturing into BEV and for a new BE startup! Godspeed to Ford and Rivian!

Pherdnut

Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Honda Civic EX - way overdue for upgrade
The title of the post suggests Rivian will be building a Lincoln before they build an R1T.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicles
Honda Civic
It will not be. It will simply be the first vehicle built from the Ford/Rivian partnership.

Estolworthy

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Infiniti and Kia
Occupation
LEO
I wouldn't be surprised if it's called the R1LT or R1LS. "L" for Lincoln.

timf

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I wouldn't be surprised if it's called the R1LT or R1LS. "L" for Lincoln.
I would be very surprised. This is going to be entirely a Lincoln-designed product on Rivian's platform. Compare a Ford Explorer to a Lincoln Aviator and that's the kind of similarity to expect. Automakers are far beyond slapping a different badge on the same design and calling it a day. The Lincoln model should have no visual similarities to a Rivian. The renderings above are completely off the mark.