LIMESTONE Rivian Club

Rivian_Hugh_III

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE, Unfortunately
The last picture here makes me second guess my initial thought to rule out Limestone. I don't want another silver or gray vehicle. It looks closer to launch green in that picture, which I really like. Definitely will reserve further judgement until I see some trucks.
Maybe that’s why they’ve held it—because it’s close to Launch Green.
Advertisement

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It sounds like you might have some inside information. Care to share with the other Limestone lovers out here?
Yes, a bit of inside info. Someone inside Rivian that knows colors well said it is their color choice.

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Honda Accord
Oooh. Now that makes sense. :like:
Suppose its possible but dont really think so. Below is a recent photo of someone holding up Limestone swatch to Launch Green.
Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 12.15.02 PM.png

To me its closer to LA Silver than Launch Green below.
1637286657336.png

But who knows, maybe in full paint and in certain light it does look similar. I mean those two swatches of Limestone look pretty different and they were taken only a week or two apart.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE, Unfortunately
In another thread @1973LT posted the following photo. Surely it couldn't possibly be or even remotely approximate.... Limestone?

R1T.jpg

ironpig

First Name
M
Reaction score
First Name
M
Vehicles
2014 Model S, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Occupation
Producer
I saw the color swatch at the Venice store. To me - It's more like El Cap or a gun metal with green in it than launch green. But it's still hard to tell from the little sample they had there.

I'm rolling the dice and going with Limestone unless I think it's going to delay the delivery and I'll pick something else.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicles
Model X 04 Tundra 15 JKUR 04 Jeep TJ
Hey everyone, I've seen a lot of people having issues identifying Limestone, so I made a handy flowchart to help if you see something that you think might be Limestone. Hope this helps!

Limestone.jpg
Thank you for this! It all makes sense now and clears up much of my confusion.

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
an old post but thought it might interest folks here who havent seen it. the guys at Rivian Stories posted this on IG about 4 months ago and i think they talked to the head of design and Rivian or maybe someone who talked to him... friend of a friend. anyway, that person said its grey with a hint of green. mabye something like below. i hope it is close to that. most of the newer grey colors ive seen tend to hint towards blue but kinda like that it might be more green.

Last edited:

Mcdubjr

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Why are there still no photos? I think I might really like this color but am scared it will delay my order by choosing it. Come on Rivian, give me a reason to believe!

Diddy123

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Why are there still no photos? I think I might really like this color but am scared it will delay my order by choosing it. Come on Rivian, give me a reason to believe!
It's really weird, honestly. I thought for sure they were waiting to show it when the first R1S's rolled off the line. But nope.

I'm guessing they're running into issues with paint matching on different parts and surfaces. Matching matte or low metallic colors is notoriously difficult, especially when on different surface types.

I actually noticed that the door handles didn't match the rest of the body paint very well on the El cap truck when I saw it, and that's very metallic. Limestone is likely even more troublesome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
i asked CS about this on monday and they have no idea why Limestone has not been produced on any vehicles yet. they said they've been to the factory floor many times and have not seen that color. but still totting the company line that it is still indeed being offered.
fingers-crossed but my hope is waning.

ironpig

First Name
M
Reaction score
First Name
M
Vehicles
2014 Model S, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Occupation
Producer
I was configured with limestone for a while but switched off it until there is more info. I expect it's a not looking right and they'll ditch it or reformulate it before it's actually out in the wild.

Advertisement

Advertisement