Sponsored

Lightning F-150 Thorough Walk-through Video--Interesting!

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Geezzz...Ford sure is open to letting people see EVERYTHING inside and out of the Lightning. Even let people play around inside. This was posted on June 6, 2021. Sure wish Rivian would allow the same. Maybe SOON!??

This guy really goes through the Lightning. I like it...like it a lot.

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Kudos to you Ford. That looks very well thought out, and pretty awesome that they are letting the public get their hands on it. I like it a lot as well.

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Watch the video... they literally sat inside
I did - and I'm not trying to be an ass, but can you tell me at what time the customer (or reporter) actually sat inside? I only see the Rivian engineer sitting inside while he talks about it.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
I did - and I'm not trying to be an ass, but can you tell me at what time the customer (or reporter) actually sat inside? I only see the Rivian engineer sitting inside while he talks about it.
I mean Emme Hall and Rebecca Donaghe literally drove it through the desert, mountains and in a variety of off road terrain in California and Nevada over 8 days and many hundreds of miles.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...rivian-r1t-electric-truck-first-drive-review/

Every car they've put out since the reveal has been production intent. Yes, some features have changed in that time. But generally, this forum has been hyper focused on details rather than the overall product, which hasn't changed much.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I think there was just a miscommunication. What you wrote was, “Not really - they have yet to let anyone sit inside the thing.” and what I think you meant was, “Not really - they have yet to let anyone (unrelated to Rivian) sit inside the thing (while being videoed as part of a walk-through).”

Peekaboo responded to exactly what you wrote, which was an unqualified “anyone.”

Depending upon how literal your audience is, word choice can be important. As an example, there is video of government officials (state legislators?) in a Rivian while it’s driving on regular roads, IIRC. Would you consider that a walk-through by someone unrelated to Rivian?

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This further goes to my point -if you don't work for Rivian, are not Jeff Bezos, on the film crew of Long Way Up, or some other tightly controlled Rivian event - you have not sat inside of a Rivian - as far as I can tell. The guy on the Ford video is detailing every single thing inside and out. He is even playing around with the UI and taking off body panels for the love of God. When will we - the consumer - get this type of access? I already know your answer..... soon.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Let's all try to keep the conversation around the F-150 Lightning. What's liked and not liked.

No need to sidetrack thread into yet another highlighting perceived Rivian shortcomings.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Let's all try to keep the conversation around the F-150 Lightning. What's liked and not liked.

No need to sidetrack thread into yet another highlighting perceived Rivian shortcomings.
I like the keypad to open the door, if you happen to lock your key and phone inside. I also like where the spare tire is located, bed size, 220V outlet, power your home feature, some button controls, the step and handle assist inside the tailgate, running boards, the frunk is easier to access. It appears the back window has an opening (slide?) to the truck bed and the sunroof may have a sliding cover. I like those as well. I like this is an F-150 and there are plenty of accessories already available.

I do know Ford has a speed sign recognition feature with their BlueCruise technology. A friend told me you can set your speed to be the same as the speed limit sign you encounter, or preset a certain mph over the current speed limit, if you wish. The vehicle will automatically slow down, or speed up according to the speed limit sign you encounter and maintain your preset mph above the current speed limit, if you have it set that way.

This is his wife's car, so I don't know if he's accurate in his description, or how well it works. I did ask Rivian, yesterday, if this feature would be included, but the information is unavailable at this time.

I don't care for the carpet, or the gear shifter, and seems a little bulky compared to the Rivian. I bet it'll be harder to park too. Overall, I could go with either. They both have their strong points.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I mean, it's an F150 with a Mach e screen slapped on it and a frunk. 90% if it is a mature product already on the road and in customers hands.

That's not a negative. But there isn't that much there that Ford is revealing with letting people explore it.