AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Just wanted to provide an update on upgraded lights for the R1T/S.

There's two types of lights, the ones in the footwells differ from the ones in the frunk and tunnel. The latter don't dim, the footwells do. I'm ignoring the trunk bed lights for now, since they're not an easy replacement.

Anyway, after a lot of trial and error, we're getting closer. Below are some crude photos of each option. The lights are loose-fitted, so the light spread will be better with the finals; the intent of these is to test color and endurance. You'll note the yellow isn't yellow. Although the LED's very much are, the wavelength is off, so those need more work, but the rest are in good shape.

Anyway, that's it for now. The Rivian eventually shuts the lights off, so now they're all being soak-tested out of the truck, while we work on the lens and housing. Once we have all of that nailed down, and the yellow sorted out, we'll get CE certification and go into production. We've sold more than a quarter of a million lights for Tesla's, so we have a decent track record, and I'm hoping for early 2023 to have these ready, the footwells will likely be longer, due to the added complexity.

Rivian R1T R1S Lighting Upgrades 1664670061440
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is there an advantage to your white lights over stock? Brighter? Can you say the lumens of stock and yours?

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
yeah, exactly right, brighter, and better light distribution, whilst respecting any local circuit constraints. I've not measured the true output yet (compared to factory as it needs to be done is a fairly controlled environment, but our Tesla lights are 16x brighter, which sounds mental, but light measurement is non-linear, so perceptually, I'd say it's nearer 4-6x.
Sponsored