atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Once you sign the papers, it’s yours. The notion that the manufacturer has some “interest” in the truck afterwards is ludicrous. If anyone, it oughta be the bank being concerned.
Sponsored

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Glad you mentioned the step stool. I do have one I need to try out.

The app doesn't allow lowering the vehicle, but the vehicle still won't go as low as I would like. I'll try the step stool. Thanks QP for the reminder.
I also have trouble getting in the car. At 5’5, it is quite a challenge getting in the vehicle. Per CS, kneel mode is coming. I hope you stick with your Rivian until kneel mode comes and then you can decide whether to get the Lightning.

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
I also have trouble getting in the car. At 5’5, it is quite a challenge getting in the vehicle. Per CS, kneel mode is coming. I hope you stick with your Rivian until kneel mode comes and then you can decide whether to get the Lightning.
Wondering, totally deflated air bags? For kneel mode.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Thanks for the heads up @Longhorngirl. I definitely don't want to get rid of the Rivian. Hopefully the kneel mode is lower than the lowest setting. For the time being, I'll do what @Ginny is doing and use a step stool.....in public too.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Adding to a Ford advantage: Running boards.

For the 70+ crowd, under 6 ft tall., running boards could be a good thing for some of us. I can't bend my right knee very well, so I have to step back and throw my leg in. Next option is knee replacement, or replace with the Lightning. My son-in-law is getting the Lightning and I may have to swap. Not because I want to, but it may be necessary.
I'm really hoping Rivian offers running boards at some point, though I don't think there is a way to attach them currently. Parking in sport mode at the lowest setting actually works fine for me, but not so much for shorter passengers. Also they really should have added a grab handle like the F150 has.

That being said, I'm still second guessing if I should have passed on the F150 Lightning. But too late now.

Sponsored

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Ford dealership just called to invite for an in person review of a Lightning. I could not go so sent my wife to look.
She says it looks pretty much like my truck with different lights.
As noted I'd say the ergonomics and experience shows in the user/driver feel. Ford knows their market.
Keeping my fingers crossed that Rivian sorts out some of the issues (in a year) when my max-pack comes out.

One of my quirks with the Kona EV I just got is trying to hit the touch screen correctly while the vehicle is going over bumps, is annoying as h3ll. So I'm interested to see how the Ford handles it, with the pseudo dial.
I think I also prefer the fake shift handle vs the Kona shift push buttons.
Not sure how the Rivian works.
The F150 center console is pretty slick and well designed.
Rivian R1T R1S Lighting or R1T, it all came down to just a few things for me IMG_1840

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Ford has enforced it and sued when it comes to selling the GT, but that was a $500,000 car. Their argument is that if you sell yours, it's one less that they get to sell. So yes, could cost them a customer, but not good for long term customer satisfaction. Apparently most dealers realize this. The GT list was very short and an exclusive vehicle in which they very selectively chose who could get one. The Lightning doesn't fit that category. Plus, resale values on the first few have indicated it's not a great investment simply to flip. If the first few are bringing under $110K, in a month, they'll be bringing under $100K. Two months, they'll probably be at $90K. With out the door costs around $90K+, profit margins aren't what they are on the Rivian or Hummer. Good for the owner's that have a genuine need to sell, that they can get out of it, but not going to make a ton of money on it.
I know this is an old thread, but just came across it and decided to look on Cars & Bids.

I was way off. Assumed the Fords would hold around $90,000, but see most non-Platinum versions selling in the $70,000 range. Those owners are losing a bunch of money in less than a year. For all other reasons, I'm still happy I kept the Rivian, but seeing this, just doubles down on that feeling. The Ford depreciated like any other Ford. My how things have changed in a short time period.

https://carsandbids.com/search?q=ford lightning

AsianPersuasian

First Name
SuperDave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did any of u get rid of the Rivian b/c it was too difficult to get into even w/ knee mode? Running boards coming out?

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
There are several running boards out now to choose from.
Sponsored