First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
For you guys who took delivery of your lightnings did the dealer have you sign a no re sale clause for 1 year? I've heard rumors of some slipping that in. Ill be in same boat soon. My lightning has a build date of 7/25, R1T window sept-Oct. I'm leaning towards selling the lightning.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Adding to a Ford advantage: Running boards.

For the 70+ crowd, under 6 ft tall., running boards could be a good thing for some of us. I can't bend my right knee very well, so I have to step back and throw my leg in. Next option is knee replacement, or replace with the Lightning. My son-in-law is getting the Lightning and I may have to swap. Not because I want to, but it may be necessary.
My wife recently had ACL surgery and found the Lightning way easier to get in and out of. Even with the R1T at the lowest setting it was more uncomfortable for her to a point that she would avoid using it.

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
For you guys who took delivery of your lightnings did the dealer have you sign a no re sale clause for 1 year? I've heard rumors of some slipping that in. Ill be in same boat soon. My lightning has a build date of 7/25, R1T window sept-Oct. I'm leaning towards selling the lightning.
Nope

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

That's a new thing dealers and ford are negotiating on.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Sweet, no way I'll sign that if my dealer asks. If forced I'll walk from it more than likely.

Sponsored

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Adding to a Ford advantage: Running boards.

For the 70+ crowd, under 6 ft tall., running boards could be a good thing for some of us. I can't bend my right knee very well, so I have to step back and throw my leg in. Next option is knee replacement, or replace with the Lightning. My son-in-law is getting the Lightning and I may have to swap. Not because I want to, but it may be necessary.
I didn’t think of getting in and out. Did you consider getting a step stool to keep in the truck? Can you lower the truck from the app prior to getting in the front seat?

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I didn’t think of getting in and out. Did you consider getting a step stool to keep in the truck? Can you lower the truck from the app prior to getting in the front seat?
Glad you mentioned the step stool. I do have one I need to try out.

The app doesn't allow lowering the vehicle, but the vehicle still won't go as low as I would like. I'll try the step stool. Thanks QP for the reminder.

BigNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y SR, 22 Leaf, 22 Chevy Silverado
1-year no resell clause is usually unenforceable because you can always cite extenuating circumstances.

There has to be a lawyer on here who can confirm.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
1-year no resell clause is usually unenforceable because you can always cite extenuating circumstances.

There has to be a lawyer on here who can confirm.
I agree but I'm not a lawyer. So if you lost your job or had something happen that was financially bad, you couldn't sell your Lightning? And Ford will sue you if you did? Doesn't seem enforceable.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I agree but I'm not a lawyer. So if you lost your job or had something happen that was financially bad, you couldn't sell your Lightning? And Ford will sue you if you did? Doesn't seem enforceable.
I would never sign such an agreement. So far, nobody has indicated they were forced to. Might be one or two select dealers who have tried. Would ask that when placing your order. If they say yes, switch your order to a different, more reputable dealer. With the economy currently tanking, who knows what people's positions will be in the next few months. They might need to sell, even if they don't want to. Larger dealers don't appear to be pulling any crap.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Not to mention....why? What does Ford or the dealer care what I do with a vehicle once I buy it. I get it when it is a Ford GT and a main reason it exists is to get celebrities, etc... to own to bring brand benefits, but in a commodity F150 Lighting or Mach-E? Why do they care other than it pisses them off to see others profit. I am sure they argue so their regular good customers can have access and not end up selling to flippers....like that stops them from their behavior now....haha!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Wind Noise [-7] RT1 Lightning [0] 80-90k really vs wow this is quiet
Sad to see this... hopefully Rivian can address this shortcoming.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Glad you mentioned the step stool. I do have one I need to try out.

The app doesn't allow lowering the vehicle, but the vehicle still won't go as low as I would like. I'll try the step stool. Thanks QP for the reminder.
I use a stool in the garage but too embarrassed to use in public. Lol. Why in the world did she buy a truck she needs a stool to get into. Runningboards please!

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Ford has enforced it and sued when it comes to selling the GT, but that was a $500,000 car. Their argument is that if you sell yours, it's one less that they get to sell. So yes, could cost them a customer, but not good for long term customer satisfaction. Apparently most dealers realize this. The GT list was very short and an exclusive vehicle in which they very selectively chose who could get one. The Lightning doesn't fit that category. Plus, resale values on the first few have indicated it's not a great investment simply to flip. If the first few are bringing under $110K, in a month, they'll be bringing under $100K. Two months, they'll probably be at $90K. With out the door costs around $90K+, profit margins aren't what they are on the Rivian or Hummer. Good for the owner's that have a genuine need to sell, that they can get out of it, but not going to make a ton of money on it.

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Ford has enforced it and sued when it comes to selling the GT, but that was a $500,000 car. The Lightning doesn't fit that category. Plus, resale values on the first few have indicated it's not a great investment simply to flip. If the first few are bringing under $110K, in a month, they'll be bringing under $100K. Two months, they'll probably be at $90K. With out the door costs around $90K+, profit margins aren't what they are on the Rivian or Hummer. Good for the owner's that have a genuine need to sell, that they can get out of it, but not going to make a ton of money on it.
Maybe this should have a different thread? You seem to be the most up to date on where to find the cheapest units though.
Sponsored