Letter from RJ coming at noon...

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Uff. I'm not fan of depending on the dealerships to install those chips. Dealers already artificially inflate the crap out of cars. This will be an additional excuse -

"Chips professionally installed by dealer: +$7K - $10K". ?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Uff. I'm not fan of depending on the dealerships to install those chips. Dealers already artificially inflate the crap out of cars. This will be an additional excuse -

"Chips professionally installed by dealer: +$7K - $10K". ?
Cost aside, I don't trust the dealer not to screw it up. There's going to be a LOT of dash rattles.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
I think we all want a 'good faith' time frame, even if it spans months, from Rivian, of when we might expect our respective vehicles (particularly speaking about LE reservation holders).

Many posters on this forum have said they could understand the delays but did not appreciate the lack of communication or the feeling of being strung along. And while RJ's letter is a step in the right direction, it feels a little like the babysitter telling you the house burned down as you pull up to the driveway...(i.e. pretty obvious to anyone paying attention).

When I think about Rivian I'm reminded of that old saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions. "

At this point we do not need platitudes, we need to see some better communication, with some details and soon.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I am done, did not have an LE reserved, but with all the delays I will definitely be cancelling. Leaving on a trip today, with my new Mach E, will ask for my refund next week for sure.
Once I pushed the Confirm Cancellation button they told me they will credit my old credit card, which my bank has since changed the number on, due to a security breach long ago. Cannot wait to see how long that takes to straighten out.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Once I pushed the Confirm Cancellation button they told me they will credit my old credit card, which my bank has since changed the number on, due to a security breach long ago. Cannot wait to see how long that takes to straighten out.
I am pretty sure I had a similar issue years ago and it was handled automatically. Ymmv though. ?‍♂

Sponsored

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

very aware and also aware that there are multiple ways to interpret "locations with service center nearby will be first". Could mean anything from planned to real estate secured to improvements in progress to built, staffed and open for business. not saying you are wrong just highlighting that it's an extrapolation and not a definitive statement from Rivian that service centers must be complete and staffed before deliveries can start. And if that does indeed turn out to be the case, most of us can expect a significantly longer wait than we may currently be expecting. But I suspect there will be some Rivians in driveways ahead of service center completion in some markets with mobile service filling the gap - they just don't want there to be too big of a gap.
Unfortunately now we have a pretty definitive statement from rivian

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

That information has been on their web site for months, this is nothing new.

Rivian R1T R1S Letter from RJ coming at noon... 1627499479274

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Not really. That statement makes no mention of service center proximity to the delivery zip code. Nor does it state that this will happen from day 1, just at some point in time. The service center in Normal (for example) could be used to prep vehicles for delivery around the country until local/regional centers are completed. I am not saying this will be the case, only that we don't have a definitive statement.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
That information has been on their web site for months, this is nothing new.

1627499479274.png
His point wasn't about mobile service. He's arguing that local service centers are required to be operational before deliveries can begin in an area.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
His point wasn't about mobile service. He's arguing that local service centers are required to be operational before deliveries can begin in an area.
It doesn't say that at all.
It just says that final delivery preparations (including accessory install) will be done at a service center and not the factory. I don't see any mention of any delivery criteria (like Polestar's 150 mile radius)

This is typical for all vehicles and should come as no surprise to anyone. It would be troubling if they planned on doing all delivery prep at the factory before shipping them by rail/truck to locations across the US. The bulk of the transport will be with protective wrap, some fuses pulled, over inflated tires, etc.
Sample from a honda PDI:
Rivian R1T R1S Letter from RJ coming at noon... 1627519703297

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
FYI, I did get my refund. It was the only time I ever had Rivian underpromise and overdeliver. They told me it would take 5-10 days, but I go my refund in just one day. :like:
Sponsored