2006 Land Rover RR Sport, R1T reservation holder

garthkoyle

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14' Honda Odyssey, 2020 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve
I'm curious what makes them confident enough, or willing, to put out another date (e.g. September). Do they want to just keep us hanging on, or is September a real possibility now?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I suspect that the FB post regarding issues with damaged equipment is spot on and being unable to pivot at the last minute with supply chain issues kneecapped them.
I'm not on FB, what's this damaged equipment post you speak of?

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
As bad as the delay is (and continues to be). I actually feel better that we were told by RJ himself and not some random last minute email, or no information at all.

In fact I feel a lot better. The silence was deafening.
ABSOLUTELY!! I too feel better knowing something for certain. I'm tired of all the speculation and arguing in the forums. This makes it much easier to wait...sort of. Although I might die or become incapacitated while waiting due to age. ? ?And...always look on the bright side of life...
? ??
Rivian R1T R1S Letter from RJ coming at noon... 1626451706891

Last edited:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They should really be honest and update their timelines for non-LE cars. No way they start deliveries in January now.

Here is the recent update to the configurator: (happened 30 min ago)

Rivian R1T R1S Letter from RJ coming at noon... 1626451609761

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

It sucks, but I suspect that the FB post regarding issues with damaged equipment is spot on and being unable to pivot at the last minute with supply chain issues kneecapped them.

Ie: I think they were being genuine with July, and had some unexpected issues.
What post about damaged equipment? Just asking as I didn't hear about it

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I am done, did not have an LE reserved, but with all the delays I will definitely be cancelling. Leaving on a trip today, with my new Mach E, will ask for my refund next week for sure.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
While delivery delays are disappointing if not unexpected, I'm probably most disappointed that the test drive events are also pushing out from August until September.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

The delay is disappointing but not unexpected. IMO this is not the last of the delays. Once 'production' and delivery starts there will be delays in the production volume ramp.

We currently live in a world where shortages and delays permeate throughout all sectors of the market.

Patience really is a virtue! (I just wish I had some patience)

In the meantime I have been test driving available EVs (Model Y, XC40-Recharge, Mach-e) and evaluating alternate plans. It has been a good learning experience as I am new to EVs.

I will keep my R1T 400+ reservation for as long as possible but have put it on the back burner for now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I am done, did not have an LE reserved, but with all the delays I will definitely be cancelling. Leaving on a trip today, with my new Mach E, will ask for my refund next week for sure.
Same, will probably go with a Jeep GC L lease and see where Rivian is in 3 years. I'll let them hold my $1k for the meantime just to see how it plays out. I can't wait a year to get the R1S and blame the commercial vans as another reason for the setback.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Given they’ve literally missed every single deadline and target they’ve ever set, I have ZERO confidence that they’ll meet this one either. They’ve destroyed any goodwill or benefit of the doubt I normally give companies.

Most likely going to cancel, but will mull it over this weekend.

Rivian simply is not trustworthy.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
We all knew this was coming and as it's super annoying it is what it is. If there is another delay email in the middle of September i think you are going to see a lot of people jump ship.
There are people already leaving due to this. Rivian needs to understand they *have* to get better with timely communications. Delays are expected and will happen (that we can all understand). Not being vocal about it on a timely manner will damage this company more than help bolster confidence and patience. I really do not wish to see this damage take place. So Rivian/RJ, if you do truly visit these forums, please work on this.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Frankly I don't think this announcement is that big of a deal. The writing has been on the wall for a long time considering everyone who's been contacted by a guide has been given fall dates. I don't think it will have any significant impact on those already scheduled. This essentially just makes official what we already suspected.
Sponsored