Let Us Sign Buyers Agreements: A Letter to RJ

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Here’s the response I got from customer service to a letter requesting a pba- it’s a non answer

D99FB0E5-4539-4BBF-8AE6-50D50F94D615.png

3C7E2899-B9B6-41BB-B32F-3E8EEFD41153.png
Bullshit answer.

Hopefully this was one CSR's answer and not the answer from the company.

It would suck if Rivian decides to do nothing about this, as it doesn't directly effect them, only customers.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Bullshit answer.

Hopefully this was one CSR's answer and not the answer from the company.

It would suck if Rivian decides to do nothing about this, as it doesn't directly effect them, only customers.
I'm sure that's boilerplate. There's no way the CSR wrote that up in response to one question. It's management-approved.

However, it's just the current official answer and won't necessarily be the final official answer of the week.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I'm sure that's boilerplate. There's no way the CSR wrote that up in response to one question. It's management-approved.

However, it's just the current official answer and won't necessarily be the final official answer of the week.
100%.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Here’s the response I got from customer service to a letter requesting a pba- it’s a non answer

D99FB0E5-4539-4BBF-8AE6-50D50F94D615.png

3C7E2899-B9B6-41BB-B32F-3E8EEFD41153.png
This is the first time I'm hearing about a potential reconciliation bill. Is that just a different way of referring to the inflation reduction act, or is it something in addition to the ira?

OP
OP

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
This is the first time I'm hearing about a potential reconciliation bill. Is that just a different way of referring to the inflation reduction act, or is it something in addition to the ira?
The IRA is the reconciliation bill.

Sponsored

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
I'm waiting on the R1S. I signed the PBA in May but now my window is pushed out to Oct-Dec. I'm saving a copy of the PBA and hope it would be enough to get me the credit once this new bill changes the EV tax credits.

Would the PBA be enough to count as a PO? I'm not convinced but I'm still going to try and get the credit. I'm also hoping I get the R1S before December. Its all smoke and mirrors at this point

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
As I wrote on the other thread on this topic, Rivian may feel they’re better off if they do not offer the agreement.

By not offering the agreement:
  1. They’ll get fewer Max Pack orders from pre-March people, saving them money.
  2. They may lose a disproportionately large number of other pre-March buyers — the ones who cancelled their orders during pricegate. These orders make less profit for the company. now the government would be to blame, not Rivian.
  3. They’ll get fewer total orders in the short term — that is, if they offered the agreements there could be a rush to sign up in this week. But Rivian already has, what, 90,000+ preorders? Way more than they can deliver this year or next. So the loss of these orders isn’t really a loss unless you think they won’t get plenty of orders over the next two years either way.
Seriously, what is the advantage for Rivian to offer these agreements? They could be a pain to administer, they’ll lock in money-losing pre-orders, they’ll set people up for years of waiting and complaining, and they might look like they’re trying to skirt the purpose of the regulation.

I say it’s not worth it to Rivian and they won’t do it. In fact, I predict they won’t even respond to the requests. Their hands are over their ears and they’re rushing toward Saturday, hoping they’ll get there without a pre-order-holders’ revolt.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
As I wrote on the other thread on this topic, Rivian may feel they’re better off if they do not offer the agreement.

By not offering the agreement:
  1. They’ll get fewer Max Pack orders from pre-March people, saving them money.
  2. They may lose a disproportionately large number of other pre-March buyers — the ones who cancelled their orders during pricegate. These orders make less profit for the company. now the government would be to blame, not Rivian.
  3. They’ll get fewer total orders in the short term — that is, if they offered the agreements there could be a rush to sign up in this week. But Rivian already has, what, 90,000+ preorders? Way more than they can deliver this year or next. So the loss of these orders isn’t really a loss unless you think they won’t get plenty of orders over the next two years either way.
Seriously, what is the advantage for Rivian to offer these agreements? They could be a pain to administer, they’ll lock in money-losing pre-orders, they’ll set people up for years of waiting and complaining, and they might look like they’re trying to skirt the purpose of the regulation.

I say it’s not worth it to Rivian and they won’t do it. In fact, I predict they won’t even respond to the requests. Their hands are over their ears and they’re rushing toward Saturday, hoping they’ll get there without a pre-order-holders’ revolt.
And if that's what they do (completely ignore the requests) then I'll be on the short list of selling my R1T and canceling my R1S preorder. I'm not going to support a company that would do that.

If they come out and explain to people what their position is then fine, I can like it or not. But if they just give us complete radio silence then I'll be selling. Might seem dumb to some and an overreaction, which is fine. But I want transparency and be treated like a customer, not just a number.

Everyone that asks me about my R1T I feel like I'm an evangelist for Rivian as everyone has tons of questions and wants to know how Rivian's are and how the company is. This is a quick way to upset your customers and word of mouth isn't easy to fix.

whiskeyfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whiskeyacres.com
Vehicles
F-150, 30AE MX-5 RF, R1T (on order)
Occupation
Farmer & Distillery Owner
Clubs

I just got off a call with a customer service rep. He informed me they just received some new guidance from management and sent me the following email. Sounds like something is in the works. He also told me that nearly 70% of the calls they have received in the past 48 hrs. are regarding the tax credit and creating a way to capture it before the end of the week. Keep up the pressure!

Rivian R1T R1S Let Us Sign Buyers Agreements: A Letter to RJ 7578a182-e877-4fec-8076-965dcbb399cf

Hi James,

Thanks for asking about the transition period for the EV tax credit. Rivian is working to help interested preorder holders and customers obtain a written, binding contract to purchase and secure EV tax credit eligibility before new restrictions take effect. We'll be sharing more information and next steps very shortly.

Additionally, you may be eligible for federal, state, or local incentives subject to applicable incentive terms and conditions – available incentives can be found HERE. We encourage you to stay up-to-date with the ever-changing policies surrounding EVs. We will inform the community as soon as definite details are available.

For reference, qualification for incentives varies and you should consult the requirements for each incentive to determine if you qualify. Consult qualified professionals before making any legal, financial, or tax-related decisions. Information provided by Rivian should not be construed as financial, tax, or legal advice.

If you have any further questions – please don’t hesitate to reach back out. Have an awesome rest of your day, and stay adventurous!

Your fellow adventurer,
Zach
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I just got off a call with a customer service rep. He informed me they just received some new guidance from management and sent me the following email. Sounds like something is in the works. He also told me that nearly 70% of the calls they have received in the past 48 hrs. are regarding the tax credit and creating a way to capture it before the end of the week. Keep up the pressure!

7578a182-e877-4fec-8076-965dcbb399cf.png

Hi James,

Thanks for asking about the transition period for the EV tax credit. Rivian is working to help interested preorder holders and customers obtain a written, binding contract to purchase and secure EV tax credit eligibility before new restrictions take effect. We'll be sharing more information and next steps very shortly.

Additionally, you may be eligible for federal, state, or local incentives subject to applicable incentive terms and conditions – available incentives can be found HERE. We encourage you to stay up-to-date with the ever-changing policies surrounding EVs. We will inform the community as soon as definite details are available.

For reference, qualification for incentives varies and you should consult the requirements for each incentive to determine if you qualify. Consult qualified professionals before making any legal, financial, or tax-related decisions. Information provided by Rivian should not be construed as financial, tax, or legal advice.

If you have any further questions – please don’t hesitate to reach back out. Have an awesome rest of your day, and stay adventurous!

Your fellow adventurer,
Zach
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)
Rivian R1T R1S Let Us Sign Buyers Agreements: A Letter to RJ 1659987993284

Sponsored

mroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Just got the same message; looks like they are acting on this after all. Pressure works!

Reactions: Jac

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Looks like the 2nd emotional rollercoaster of my Rivian pre-order experience will be averted yet again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jac

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Rivian R1T R1S Let Us Sign Buyers Agreements: A Letter to RJ 1659989529033

Received similar response to email I sent earlier today to CS. Impressive responsiveness. Thanks to this community for being proactive and collectively well informed (as we can be right now).

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The wording of the Act is literally intended to grandfather people into the credit who are already seeking purchases that were eligible under the old law.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
And if that's what they do (completely ignore the requests) then I'll be on the short list of selling my R1T and canceling my R1S preorder. I'm not going to support a company that would do that.

If they come out and explain to people what their position is then fine, I can like it or not. But if they just give us complete radio silence then I'll be selling. Might seem dumb to some and an overreaction, which is fine. But I want transparency and be treated like a customer, not just a number.

Everyone that asks me about my R1T I feel like I'm an evangelist for Rivian as everyone has tons of questions and wants to know how Rivian's are and how the company is. This is a quick way to upset your customers and word of mouth isn't easy to fix.
Looks like I was wrong! Good for Rivian :)
Sponsored