First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I'm currently in a rented 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid learning the in's & outs of charging a EV every 3-4 days (for city use) & use Android Auto BT SiriusXM & have no issues. Hoping this will work just as good later this year in R1S (Q3) 😁
Sponsored

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I'm currently in a rented 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid learning the in's & outs of charging a EV every 3-4 days (for city use) & use Android Auto BT SiriusXM & have no issues. Hoping this will work just as good later this year in R1S (Q3) 😁
There is no Android Auto in Rivians. There is a rumor that Rivian is working on implementing it, but RJ has said, previously, that he does not plan to do so.

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

I mostly listen to Pandora via my iphone (I haven't had time to explore TuneIn yet and have used Pandora for sometime and am happy with shuffle stations option). The problem I am having now is that I like to have Waze running for alerts (accidents, police, etc.). I've noticed that I don't get the audio alerts from Waze while listening to music via bluetooth (I did in my model 3). What am I doing wrong?

AfroRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I will admit that I'm annoyed that I won't get AndroidAuto so I can get native playback with any music source that I'd like. Hoping for an OTA that may add some other services so that I'm not fiddling with my phone while driving in order to get to music that I want to listen to.

MaggieChan

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Occupation
Freelancer
Currently, Spotify and Apple Music are paid. But it seems that the free version is getting more and more limited. But Apple Music's Family Sharing plan allows multiple family members to have their own accounts under a single subscription. This point still attracts me. But no matter what, I use my DumpMedia Apple Music Converter and DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter to download those songs I like to my PC in case one day I cancel my subscription. I use a USB to connect those songs to my Rivian.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
MaggieChan is simply here to pimp DumpMedia, a tool for bypassing DRM and preventing musicians from being properly compensated for their work.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I use a USB to connect those songs to my Rivian.
Maggie, Maggie, Maggie... What exactly does that mean? What is "a USB"?

Where can I get one ? :giggle:

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
So somewhat related... Since I got the veichle a few months ago, I have had so much trouble with any music loading on the initial part of the drive. I have had a mobile visit twice about it, and the "engineers say it's working as intended" because it takes more than a few seconds for the Wifi connection in my garage to switch to LTE (different internet receivers apparently) when I shift out of park. Then the time to buffer a station after a connection is established. It's a solid 3+ minutes sometimes to connect and stream audio.
The streaming connection in my truck and my location is terrible. I have TuneIn because it offers similar stations to the ones on XM in my other cars. But I just end up on FM most of the time. Cannot wait to get my Hummer, it has XM antenna built in. That will work out in the boonies

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs