Sponsored

MrMetlHed

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4xe, R1T (Order 2/20/22, from Shop 2/11/23)
Occupation
Journalist @ Reuters
I haven’t tried that yet. Usually just tell it to shuffle my playlist or play a specific album. I’ll give it a go though…

Yeah, so I've been doing albums and playlists because I couldn't get the stations to work (admittedly I only tried a few times while driving and decided to give up.) They do have some decent "Remembering the XX's" type of playlists, but I prefer stations so I can do the Pandora-style "Hey, I want this artist, but then play stuff I don't necessarily know already" type of thing.

I really hope they build Amazon Music app directly in the OS. For me the sound quality is pretty good and I already have the subscription for home.
Sponsored

MrMetlHed

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4xe, R1T (Order 2/20/22, from Shop 2/11/23)
Occupation
Journalist @ Reuters
Also, I've found that if you have a service linked through Amazon to play on an Echo at home, it can also play in the truck. I was able to play from a Pandora subscription by asking Alexa something like "Alexa, play Imagine Dragons on Pandora." I'm hopeful that my MLB subscription will also work this way (and Audible, for that matter,) will give it a test in a few days.

Cway

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Jeep Gladiator
Alexa play Audible. (95% of the time)

If I want music I have a Spotify account I use the built in app with.

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
I use Spotify because I have a subscription and it is what I primarily used in prior vehicles.
Same here, i even have playlists for long drives or short drive and plenty of podcasts saved

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Amazon Music through Alexa is highest bitrate and best sound. Hopefully a full on app is coming in the future.
Tidal offers the highest bitrate but cost a fortune. $20/month, no thank you. Next highest bitrate offering I think is Amazon.

Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I’ve been using Tidal, but will likely fall back to the Apple or Amazon if I start feeling like the subscription fee is too much. The $12.99 fee is a bit high, but I do like the offerings.

Their “daily discovery“ list is pretty good at offering stuff that I‘d actually want to hear.

Search returns what I’m looking for.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Mostly Bluetooth - Apple Music for tunes (the one thing Siri does well), Amazon Music for podcasts. But the native Amazon Music through Alexa does sound slightly better.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
The R1T forced me to actually look at new streaming services. I opened accounts on Tidal and Spotify the same week. I searched for a dozen or so of my favorite bands on both, and Spotify had all but one. Tidal fell way short so I ended up not using the service. As far as quality, I'm fine with even bluetooth when driving so Spotify is o.k. with me in that regard.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Bluetooth is perfectly fine for me but I tend to use Spotify from the UI of the Rivian instead. Works well and I have a family account for Spotify.

OP
OP
srnyoung

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

The R1T forced me to actually look at new streaming services. I opened accounts on Tidal and Spotify the same week. I searched for a dozen or so of my favorite bands on both, and Spotify had all but one. Tidal fell way short so I ended up not using the service. As far as quality, I'm fine with even bluetooth when driving so Spotify is o.k. with me in that regard.
Are the bands you searched on Tidal obscure? Curious why you didn’t find them since they say their catalog is almost as big as Spotify.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I use Apple Music and the Apple Podcasts app through Bluetooth. I tried the in-car Spotify and didn't like the quality. I also tried a Tidal trial and while Tidal sounded better than Spotify, I couldn't tell the difference between Tidal and using Apple Music over bluetooth. Since Apple Music is my main service, and I don't have to manage playlists and what not across different accounts, I gave up on Tidal.

What I really want is a built-in Apple Music app. I think it is ridiculous that Tidal was added over Apple Music because the subscriber base for Apple Music is far larger.

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I migrated from youtube music to Tidal specifically to use the Tidal app in my Rivian. The sound quality is amazing, especially through the Meridian speakers but as others have mentioned the app itself is quite buggy and has far fewer features than the mobile or desktop apps do. Hoping they can improve it with further updates.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Are the bands you searched on Tidal obscure? Curious why you didn’t find them since they say their catalog is almost as big as Spotify.
Spotify has nearly 3x the music genres as Tidal (I read this, I have not verified this claim). Tidal supposedly has a much larger collection of Hip-Hop, which doesn't help me.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Existing Spotify user, so I just kept at it with that. Wish I had voice interaction but tapping is okay when I feel confident enough in the Driver+ to look away.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

TuneIn, when it decides to work. Sometimes I’d like to listen to LiveXOne, but I usually don’t feel like fishing the phone out of my pocket. Don’t need to in the other cars, they have Ca…, meh, never mind.
Sponsored