Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
After many years of standing next to the speakers at Raves, everything sounds the same !!!!
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I agree I tend to like the Tidal mixes over Spotify. I'm hoping Rivian updates the interface to allow me to like songs. I briefly looked at the Tidal web interface and it seems I can create mixes there that will show in the truck.
Yes you can make mixes that will show in the truck from the web or phone app. I wish you could do it from the truck too. If I'm sitting parked somewhere with time to kill it would be a nice thing to do on the larger screen.

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Can anyone get Amazon music through Alexa to play an album straight through instead of shuffled. Everything is always shuffled.
Do you have have the Amazon music included with Prime or do you pay for Amazon music?

If using the included music with Prime, shuffled is what is included...

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
Do you have have the Amazon music included with Prime or do you pay for Amazon music?

If using the included music with Prime, shuffled is what is included...
Yep.. Prime only... I don't pay extra.. that makes sense then. Thank you

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
What option best handles shuffle playback of a very large play list?

Sponsored

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

I've been using a mix of Spotify and SiriusXM via bluetooth - when one stops working (which happens often), I switch to the other.

I prefer SiriusXM just so I can hear something new from time to time, but sounds like I might need to give Tidal a try. Even though the list of "working" Alexa commands in the manual says you can ask her to play SiriusXM, she won't do it. I've synced SiriusXM up to her successfully at home and can ask her to play on any of my Sonos speakers and it works just fine, but as soon as I get in my R1S she says something like, "sorry, I can't do that on this device".

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
I prefer SiriusXM just so I can hear something new from time to time, but sounds like I might need to give Tidal a try.
I'm a long time SiriusXM user and love it because I can hear new stuff. I'm new to other streaming services and I'm really liking the new music/artists I'm hearing from Tidal created playlists . I won't be renewing my Sirius subscription this year.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Is it true the Rivian doesn't have AM? I can't remember where I heard that.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I use Apple Music over BT (which is fine - not ideal, but “fine”) when family is in the car because the volume tends to be lower, and I can hand the phone to the kids so they can select. Plus they have their own playlists there / etc.

Apple’s Podcast app for pods. It’s not great but significantly better than alternatives so far.

Alone, or when others in the car accept that I’m going to do some potential damage to their ears - Tidal. If they have the song in the catalog, it’s almost guaranteed to sound better.

I was really angsty about paying for both services, until I realized I already have like 6 streaming services, so what’s a 7th …

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yep.. Prime only... I don't pay extra.. that makes sense then. Thank you
This was a recent change (think Nov 2022ish). Amazon "upped" the free prime song list from 3ish million to 100ish million, but downgraded bitrate and ability to play songs directly without paying for the additional service. The internet has been angry about this change.

Sponsored

daorte

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limestone R1T
Occupation
Operations Director
I use YouTube Music over BT, and I have been quite happy with the sound quality. I would love a native app, but its not too big a deal so far. On occasion I have used the Spotify app on the R1T and it seems fine as well.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
I’ve used the 3 month free Tidal sub since Rivian added Tidal and honestly…I can’t tell the difference between Spotify or Tidal music quality. Since the last update my Spotify will stop playing a song after 10 seconds so I tend to switch to Tidal where I only have an occasional hiccup when the music cuts out but the starts playing again.

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
When I'm in the car alone, I toggle between FM (NPR listener here too) and Tidal. When the family is in the car it's usually Spotify, which everyone uses. Spotify knows what everyone likes. Tidal is just for me, so everyone else's music doesn't muck up my playlists and suggestions.

I really like Tidal. Sound quality is excellent and more money goes to the artists.

MrMetlHed

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4xe, R1T (Order 2/20/22, from Shop 2/11/23)
Occupation
Journalist @ Reuters
Amazon Music through Alexa is highest bitrate and best sound. Hopefully a full on app is coming in the future.
Yeah, this is what I use. Have you found the correct incantation to have it play 'stations' within Amazon Music? When I ask for a station it turns on the FM radio for some reason. For whatever reason all of these music apps don't mesh with how my brain wants to use them, so I can never quite make them do what I want.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yeah, this is what I use. Have you found the correct incantation to have it play 'stations' within Amazon Music? When I ask for a station it turns on the FM radio for some reason. For whatever reason all of these music apps don't mesh with how my brain wants to use them, so I can never quite make them do what I want.
I haven’t tried that yet. Usually just tell it to shuffle my playlist or play a specific album. I’ll give it a go though…
Sponsored