Sponsored

Lease available?

carz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
I am interested in getting an R1S next year, but I am concerned Rivian doesn't have any intention to offer leases on its cars as confirmed by Customer Service. To me, this is a deal-breaker as I am not willing to write a $100k cheque and pay taxes on top of that on a car from a new OEM with rapidly changing technology.

Usually leases in EV are not the best (looking at you, Tesla!), due to the uncertainty of the EV market in 3 to 4 years affecting its resale value, but it is way better than putting all that money upfront.

Do you know if Rivian will change its policy and offer leases next year? I understand they have too much on their plate launching this year, but all they need to do is sign an agreement with a bank/credit union.

(BTW, I am in Canada, if that helps)
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Do you know if Rivian will change its policy and offer leases next year? I understand they have too much on their plate launching this year, but all they need to do is sign an agreement with a bank/credit union.
No one knows what Rivian will do (and when) except Rivian.

And technically Rivian doesn’t have to sign any agreements with banks/CUs for them to offer a lease.

US Bank, for example, has historically offered leases without any agreements from the manufacturer.

However, you probably want a subvented lease, which would require the manufacturer to cooperate, as subvented leases involve the manufacturer offering an artificially high residual, low money factor, or other incentives. Rivian has already sold out of their future production for at least six months — possibly a year or more. They have no reason to offer any financial incentives, at this time.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Love it when people get info direct from Rivian and then come to the forums for a “better” answer. ?

OP
OP
carz

carz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
:CWL: true, but Customer Service gave me a very generic answer, and I know there are a lot of insiders out there, so hoping to get more info.

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
No. From their website

Rivian R1T R1S Lease available? 1615927205640

ittech2002

First Name
TigerTim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Rivian does not offer lease, Why Not?
- Offering more finance options increases demand, Not needed now :)
- Increases revenue for Rivian
- No Risk option for Rivian, they can have a third party handle the leases
-Option for Rivian to keep the lease returns, and control part of the used market for Rivians (
just like Tesla), also provide quality control and extended warranties on the used Rivians, which could be more revenue.
- And most importantly, customer want leases, some need to lease for tax reasons, some just want a new car/Rivian every 3 or 4 years.
Sponsored