First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
Dude I have no clue. More of a wishful hope.
Sponsored

Tejkalra

First Name
Tejinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It does sound shady. If he didn’t hold any reservation, means there is no information of this dude that rivian have. How did they got his contact info. Its not like they have a dealership and he went there just to visit and see what this rivian is and rivian somehow convince him and sold him that SUV. So from where they found him. Sounds shady to me.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
sold for $121k!
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KYdY7YXP/2022-rivian-r1s-launch-edition

My thought is that the seller was telling the truth, but he left out some info. Here is what we know. There are orphans. Guides seem to have a lot of flexibillity to do what they want with orphans. Look at Kyler from Out of Spec for example. He placed a reservation after 03/2022 and received a LE R1T at LE pricing, even though there were tons of people still waiting in front of him because he said he was part of the friends and family program. My guess is that this particular R1S got orphaned, and the guide offered it to an existing R1T owner that is a close friend/relative.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
sold for $121k!
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KYdY7YXP/2022-rivian-r1s-launch-edition

My thought is that the seller was telling the truth, but he left out some info. Here is what we know. There are orphans. Guides seem to have a lot of flexibillity to do what they want with orphans. Look at Kyler from Out of Spec for example. He placed a reservation after 03/2022 and received a LE R1T at LE pricing, even though there were tons of people still waiting in front of him because he said he was part of the friends and family program. My guess is that this particular R1S got orphaned, and the guide offered it to an existing R1T owner that is a close friend/relative.
That's entirely possible. Still pretty annoying story as far as I'm concerned. He could have just not included that explanation at all and it would not be a topic of conversation. Then people wouldn't even have a story to poke holes in...

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Seems like he didn't actually get pre march prices:

Rivian R1T R1S LE R1S Sold at Post 03/01/2022 Pricing Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 6.55.36 AM

Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Am actually not surprised since Rivian is doing a lot of shady stuff. Like those of us who've waited years for our R1S and is now a 2025+ delivery because we aren't "close enough" to a service center. Which is really code for "get lost with your pre-price hike reservation".

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Am actually not surprised since Rivian is doing a lot of shady stuff. Like those of us who've waited years for our R1S and is now a 2025+ delivery because we aren't "close enough" to a service center. Which is really code for "get lost with your pre-price hike reservation".
Move closer to a service center and show those bastards!
Sponsored