First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Are you an LE holder? Probably discussed elsewhere, but I never understood why the black rims are full price for LE holders. Seems like they should be $1700.
Yeah I am. Honestly will probably stick with the normal ATs for just this reason. I don't feel "entitled" to the discount but it's hard to swallow the extra premium when I like the regular ATs pretty well too. (And in some ways the silver actually matches the silver accents on the skid plates and crossbars better, as much as I like the blacked out wheels.)
Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yeah I am. Honestly will probably stick with the normal ATs for just this reason. I don't feel "entitled" to the discount but it's hard to swallow the extra premium when I like the regular ATs pretty well too. (And in some ways the silver actually matches the silver accents on the skid plates and crossbars better, as much as I like the blacked out wheels.)
Why should they NOT reduce the price? Is there a good reason?

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Yeah, I would think at $1700 more people would consider it and Rivian would still get a healthy margin. At $3500 most will probably pass (including me).

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yeah, I would think at $1700 more people would consider it and Rivian would still get a healthy margin. At $3500 most will probably pass (including me).
Sorry I miscommunicated! I meant — I cannot think of a good reason to charge so much. Not one, so if there is a good and valid reason to charge so much what is it?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Kyle,

I'm with you. I really like the standard, silver 20's. While I'd likely pay $1,700 to get that same wheel in a matted black (if that option was available), I'm very appreciative to get this upgraded combo of 20's with the A/T tires free of charge. It was nice of Rivian to offer that up with the LE's. I think both look great with the R1T in the Launch Green exterior.

All that said, I'll entertain getting them powder-coated in a matted black somewhere down the road.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I really hate it when a post just wanders across my screen and costs me $3500...
You have to be careful when dealing with the Internet. A recently-divorced friend of mine just dropped 450 bucks on the "23andMe" website, only to find out it wasn't a dating site. Oh well, caveat emptor! ?‍♂

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I assume the biggest reason is that they want to simplify manufacturing by driving folks towards a few scale configurations in the LE wave, and folks who want less-common configurations get to pay for the privilege.

Also, they like money

Sponsored

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Good for them........ right? The use of the word finally in that post is tough.

I am trying to be optimistic that customer deliveries will get rocking and rolling after the holidays