Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

If LG were a calm pastel - light green/tan/grey - the tone that I see on my iPad Pro, I would pass on it, even though I live in dust and snow country where dirt cannot be avoided and has to be embraced. However, LG has that subtle metallic sparkle, visible in direct sunlight, that changes everything for me. The hint of excitement ā€œmetalā€ brings, tells the world to be on alert ā€” that you have no idea what is coming down the road. Pay attention, if you look closely, the color says this is a Rivian.
Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Did you happen to see a LG/Ocean Coast combo? That's my current config. (which has changed many, many times!) and in my head, I think it'll look nice. I'm probably repeating myself, but our XC90 has the lighter interior and based on rendering/photos, I think Ocean Coast will be very similar. I love the look of it so I hope I'm right.
I used to have an XC90 with probably that same light interior, similar to OC. Last night the wife reminded me of the stain issues we had- a mark from dropped pen, indigo from blue jeans, the tinge of dust color of the Pacific northwest, all prominent and impossible to hide.

Hopefully materials science and vegan leather has improved things but I'm sticking with Black Mountain for the moment...

UPDATE: switching to Forest Edge...

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

These are great shots of Launch Green shows how it looks with the light and dark shadows. I kinda want to see all the colors parked in the same spot.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Thanks for the great shot of LG. I am more in love with that color than ever.

Sponsored

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
Great to see LG in this real world lighting.

Anyone else notice how that R1T is taking up just about every inch of that parking space? Itā€™s a big boy.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Great to see LG in this real world lighting.

Anyone else notice how that R1T is taking up just about every inch of that parking space? Itā€™s a big boy.
Pretty cure that giant "C" at the end of the space is indicating it's a space meant for "compacts only" ?

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Pretty cure that giant "C" at the end of the space is indicating it's a space meant for "compacts only" ?
Youre probably right, but thats where the charger is. So thats their fault for not providing for Rivian haha

Sponsored

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
OK, that did it. I have been thinking Blue/Launch Green from the start. I have stayed with the Blue, but just went to the dark side. I switched to Launch Green /OC. I still want to see both in person though. I like the recent pictures and will change back if it is what they show in the configurator.

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
my current config is launch green and Iā€™m liking what i see in these recent photos . . . But that blue is tempting too

FPHater

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have an electric longboard
Occupation
Retired Air Force
However, LG has that subtle metallic sparkle, visible in direct sunlight, that changes everything for me.
Funny, Iā€™m the exact opposite. I hate metallic sparkle in my automotive paint. Makes my car look like itā€™s covered in glitter.

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
Im bouncing between LG/OC and White/OC (R1S). I always get white cars though, I need to try something different. Can always go with white and a neat wrap too. Wish they would offer some of the wraps I have seen on the prototypes as a factory option.
Decisions. Fortunately / unfortunately probably have plenty of time to decide...
Sponsored