Sponsored

LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
1. Launch Green /FE - exclusive AND economic (all other colors are 1500-2500, so basically the cost savings of paint gives you the free upgrade interior)
2. Forest Green / Ocean - its super classy and obviously what they picked for the show car
3. Rivian Blue / Ocean - their signature color

My view is the exclusive stuff costs more for a reason. They wouldn't put an inferior color/paint to be the upcharge item. I really cant decide.
When I placed my order I'd have guessed Forest Green was the flashy 'signature' color. Maybe it's been so long it's become so two years ago?

In my experience all those instances where I was cringing at an upcharge before delivery, that angst evaporated once I saw my vehicle in the flesh, so to speak. May I suggest as an exercise put aside the economics, pull up the images of the color boards, take a good long look, then point and grunt. If the upcharges really are a problem economically then grunt and point at the 'free' choices...

...also keep in mind the vast majority of cars in the US are white, black, gray, silver. (Test it out) Anything else and you are 'exclusive'...
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Lol.

Hey @Administrator where that FG club? it's the LG of the plebes!
Hey- while you R1T folks are sipping your pre-boarding mimosas, those of us waiting for our R1S still don't have seat assignments and are staring at Zone 2 on our boarding pass...

Last edited:

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

I originally wanted my R1S to be Forest Green / Ocean (the show car). I really really want FE interior, but dont know about Forest on Forest. After seeing the Launch Green I'm really intrigued, but every time I see a green subaru outback in real life I dont love it. After the truck launch yesterday I switched to Rivian Blue / Ocean. Its a tough decision calculus

1. Launch Green /FE - exclusive AND economic (all other colors are 1500-2500, so basically the cost savings of paint gives you the free upgrade interior)
2. Forest Green / Ocean - its super classy and obviously what they picked for the show car
3. Rivian Blue / Ocean - their signature color

My view is the exclusive stuff costs more for a reason. They wouldn't put an inferior color/paint to be the upcharge item. I really cant decide.
I’ve been Rivian Blue/Ocean Coast the entire time…but have also thought about LG due to its exclusivity…but in the end, think I’m sticking with RB/OC! This is my replacement vehicle for my Electric blue Backdraft Cobra…so I have a little attachment to blue…

Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos F1BDD0EC-7764-4EA5-B4CA-BAA6BDA5136C

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hey- while you R1T folks are sipping your pre-boarding mimosas, those of us waiting for our R1S still don't have seat assignments and are staring at Zone 2 on our boarding pass...
I'm so far off from getting either the R1T or R1S that I'm still packing my bags.

Sponsored

MattCanesR1T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Director Quality Engineering
Really love this color but dang, not a LE holder! I have seen a similar color to this out in wild on other trucks - wonder if they would consider making it part of the selections for us pleebs.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I’ve been Rivian Blue/Ocean Coast the entire time…but have also thought about LG due to its exclusivity…but in the end, think I’m sticking with RB/OC! This is my replacement vehicle for my Electric blue Backdraft Cobra…so I have a little attachment to blue…

F1BDD0EC-7764-4EA5-B4CA-BAA6BDA5136C.jpeg
Wow! I love the Cobra! Maybe it's just the angle of the photograph, but I'm guessing the ground clearance is a little bit less than 15", yes? ?

Is the Cobra already gone, or are you looking for a good home for it?

As much as I yammer on about my love for Launch Green, I think the Rivian Blue with Ocean Coast is a wonderful look. My biggest fear is the amount of light reflecting around the inside of the cabin, but I'm sure that's overblown. As thorough and meticulous as they've been, I can't imagine Rivian would roll these out if that's really an issue.

Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either of them.

Enjoy!

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
I have been LG/BM from the beginning. I am going LG because of the “rare factor” of being an LE preorder. I do simply like the color anyway, though. I chose BM because black has been a bit more rugged when going into dirty places in my experience.
I was initially interested in the Launch Green because of the factor that svet-am mentions but I wasn't certain until I was actually able to see what it looked like. I find the color appealing so now I have changed my configuration to (R1T LE) LG.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I was initially interested in the Launch Green because of the factor that svet-am mentions but I wasn't certain until I was actually able to see what it looked like. I find the color appealing so now I have changed my configuration to (R1T LE) LG.
Repeat after me: "L.G./F.E./A.T./4ME!!!" ?

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Wow! I love the Cobra! Maybe it's just the angle of the photograph, but I'm guessing the ground clearance is a little bit less than 15", yes? ?

Is the Cobra already gone, or are you looking for a good home for it?

As much as I yammer on about my love for Launch Green, I think the Rivian Blue with Ocean Coast is a wonderful look. My biggest fear is the amount of light reflecting around the inside of the cabin, but I'm sure that's overblown. As thorough and meticulous as they've been, I can't imagine Rivian would roll these out if that's really an issue.
Ll
Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either of them.m
Enjoy!
Yep, Cobra was a little lower?…and the cobra sold in 2 days for $20k over what I was originally wanting!!! The R1T is my “consolidation” mobile, it does everything I want…got rid if the sport car and will be off loading the Yukon “s00n” I hope!!!

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Repeat after me: "L.G./F.E./A.T./4ME!!!" ?
Another FE/BM flip-flopper here... I was "L.G./F.E./A.T./4ME!!!" and didn't flip until I saw the BM in the Motor Trend pics. It just looks so slick and clean! I fear the FE will fade into a baby-puke color over time... And I like the green line down the center of the BM seats! A nice accent.

But you, sir, saw it in person. Why do you think FE over BM?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Another FE/BM flip-flopper here... I was "L.G./F.E./A.T./4ME!!!" and didn't flip until I saw the BM in the Motor Trend pics. It just looks so slick and clean! I fear the FE will fade into a baby-puke color over time... And I like the green line down the center of the BM seats! A nice accent.

But you, sir, saw it in person. Why do you think FE over BM?
It's simply a preference. I think the Forest Edge looks great and it reminds me of the interior of the old green Chevy Caprice Estate Family Truckster Wagon I grew up with, and had in college. I think the Black Mountain also looks really nice, as does the Midnight paint.

That said, I also think both the black interior and exterior will show mud, dirt, and dust earlier than anything else, other than maybe Glacier White with Ocean Coast. For around town, that may not be an issue, but with more gravel in my travel, I think the LG/FE will suck up the yuck and suppress the mess way better.

I love a clean car, but I'm just as happy if I can't tell it's dirty. I have a black Acura that sometimes looks dirty thirty miles after coming through a car wash. With its black interior, my CDO brain notices every pine needle. That green & green combo of the old Chevy hid a lot of sins. None of them mine, of course....?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

If FE wasn't $2000 extra I'd be all over it. I just don't see anything about it that justifies the premium over BM.
Sponsored