LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'm hoping it will look awesome with a satif PPF on it, especially since that is what I have scheduled to start on Friday.....getting my LG tomorrow then drop it off to have full wrap PPF.
OMG! Please, please start a new thread afterwards so it gets the attention that deserves, assuming you meant "satin." I am very curious about this exact combo. Good move!

On another forum say a new Ford Bronco in a midnight blue color (high metallic flake) turn into an amazing color that's hard to describe other than drool-worthy
Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

windrider

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 honda civic
OMG! Please, please start a new thread afterwards so it gets the attention that deserves, assuming you meant "satin." I am very curious about this exact combo. Good move!

On another forum say a new Ford Bronco in a midnight blue color (high metallic flake) turn into an amazing color that's hard to describe other than drool-worthy
I definitely will. Only downside, I drop it off on Friday but then leave the country for 10 days before I get to see it!?! Expect a new post on April 11 with before and after pictures!

Deleted member 6231

Is it bad color correcting from the phone camera or does the Launch Green really fade out in the sun? It seems a nice rich dark color when it’s cloudy, but loses it in bright conditions. True?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Is it bad color correcting from the phone camera or does the Launch Green really fade out in the sun? It seems a nice rich dark color when it’s cloudy, but loses it in bright conditions. True?
This is true based on my observations. The sun brings out more of the gray and brown in the color, whereas clouds/shade bring out more of the green. It also does not have the metallic shine that other colors have like El Cap and Forest Green, which makes it look dull in full sun especially when next to the shiny colors.

Sponsored

Deleted member 6231

This is true based on my observations. The sun brings out more of the gray and brown in the color, whereas clouds/shade bring out more of the green. It also does not have the metallic shine that other colors have like El Cap and Forest Green, which makes it look dull in full sun especially when next to the shiny colors.
Thanks for the info. I had LG as my color forever but the more pics I see the less happy I am with the color. It seems a lot like the drab colors Toyota is doing. No thanks..switching to El Cap.

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
A neighbor of mine just got an R1T Truck in Launch Green. It's so beautiful. Immediately went to the configurator and changed my R1S LE to Launch Green :). The color looks good in person IMHO.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
The metallic "fleck" looks like water spots for some reason...I was checking out a few metallic paint jobs from other car companies, and they all seem to have the fleck much smaller which adds to the depth and not a perma water spot. Maybe I need to look closer in person at LG again...

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Launch Green is chameleon-like, highly affected by the amount and direction of light and what's around in the surrounding environment. That's its strength and weakness. It blends in well, almost too well, and doesn't stand out on its own. It can look golden green, grayish-green or almost gray.

In the Sandy and Sue Monroe video at their place in Michigan, for example, I was sure their R1T was El Cap for the longest time, but it was Launch Green all along. And, it's a free color if you're a launch edition preorder holder, and I tell myself some color is better than a neutral color, like white or silver, among "free" color choices. I live in the sandy, wooded hills and valleys of coastal California and Launch Green fits right in.

That was my struggle. Do I want my $75K vehicle to fit in or not? After switching interior and exterior colors about two dozen times, I settled on El Cap & Ocean Coast. I definitely want a light interior and Ocean Coast goes best with El Cap, in my opinion, and Launch Green goes best with Black Mountain (or perhaps Forest Edge). That's how I wound up where I am.

(Actually, at the time of the March 1 price increase, I was configured for LG and BM. I got a call from CS saying I'd get my truck soon. I hadn't yet cancelled and Rivian was trying to limit cancellations. I decided I'd better quickly make my mind on colors; I printed out about 40 different R1T images in different colors, color combinations and poses. I switched to ECG & OC knowing the choice might push back delivery, even though I'm a November 2018 preorder holder. I decided it doesn't make sense to pay 75 grand for a vehicle and not get what you want.)

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Just wanted to add this. Just had ceramic coat applied.
79F1AD92-2C9E-4ED0-A622-7168A74CC273.jpeg
Very nice. Which brand did you go with, and did you cover everything? Paint, trim and wheels?

suburbianmind

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 GTV 2000, 1989 Fj62, 2013 RRS
Very nice. Which brand did you go with, and did you cover everything? Paint, trim and wheels?
It was applied by Auto Aesthetics in Columbus, OH area and he uses Gyeon products. Paint, trim and wheels were coated.