Sponsored

LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
It's simply a preference. I think the Forest Edge looks great and it reminds me of the interior of the old green Chevy Caprice Estate Family Truckster Wagon I grew up with, and had in college. I think the Black Mountain also looks really nice, as does the Midnight paint.

That said, I also think both the black interior and exterior will show mud, dirt, and dust earlier than anything else, other than maybe Glacier White with Ocean Coast. For around town, that may not be an issue, but with more gravel in my travel, I think the LG/FE will suck up the yuck and suppress the mess way better.

I love a clean car, but I'm just as happy if I can't tell it's dirty. I have a black Acura that sometimes looks dirty thirty miles after coming through a car wash. With its black interior, my CDO brain notices every pine needle. That green & green combo of the old Chevy hid a lot of sins. None of them mine, of course....?
Did you happen to see a LG/Ocean Coast combo? That's my current config. (which has changed many, many times!) and in my head, I think it'll look nice. I'm probably repeating myself, but our XC90 has the lighter interior and based on rendering/photos, I think Ocean Coast will be very similar. I love the look of it so I hope I'm right.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Did you happen to see a LG/Ocean Coast combo? That's my current config. (which has changed many, many times!) and in my head, I think it'll look nice. I'm probably repeating myself, but our XC90 has the lighter interior and based on rendering/photos, I think Ocean Coast will be very similar. I love the look of it so I hope I'm right.
I wish I had seen that combo, but I didn't. I understand the appeal of that light interior for many reasons. It is beautiful, and, as mentioned many places around here, is darker than it appears in the Configurator. I'm concerned about the reflectivity of all the light inside the cabin, off the side windows as well as the windshield, but get that it will be much cooler than the other interiors, and that you like it. In the end, that's all the matters.??

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I'm in the same boat as you. I decided early on Ocean Coast because I really wanted a lighter hue (the Volvo "blonde" was my benchmark). Since then I have switched from Forest Green to Launch Green without really thinking about how it would go with the OC interior. I think it'll look "fine". Black Mountain is probably the safest combo with LG, and the Forest Edge might be a winner, but I do not want to spend and extra $2k on it.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Right now I'm LG because it is one of the free options (with LE).
Will need to see it (and the other options) in person before pulling the trigger. Same goes for interior color, but the extra $$ for Forest Edge means it would have to blow us away. Usually prefer lighter colors, but with the glass roof much less of an issue. Leaning toward Black Mountain (current configuration last time I checked).

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I am pretty settled on the color. At first I thought it was more olive drab and was down for it. Then the photos showed it was more silver-metallic and is similar to a color Toyota/Subaru are using. I like that shade as well personally. So, color isn’t really a thing I am “settling” for - I legitimately like it.

now I just need to get a test drive so I can get a feel for the size in person.

Sponsored

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

I am currently LG with Ocean Coast as well, although I started out with White exterior, and truly love Forest Green the best with Ocean Coast. However, the LG being a once in a lifetime color, and being free has me currently in that configuration. I have not seen the two together yet, and I get what DuckTruck has said about the dashboard reflection. That may drive me nuts. i had originally wanted a white Fisker Karma with Sand color interior until i test drove it and the reflection of the dash on the windshield drove me away from that combination.

I was fortunate enough to see these vehicles in person at LA Auto Show in 2018 and at the Atlanta event in 2019 fall. I took the attached pictures which show the R1S in Forest Green and Ocean Coast. I'm including front view to show the then configured dash that is split between lighter and darker components to point out what DuckTruck is most likely referring to. I also include the side view to show how sharp this combo is with Forest Green. I'm hoping it's equally as sharp with Launch Green. Got a view from the rear of R1S as well to show the interior with the tailgate down. Overall a great look. Also including a pic of the R1T in LA Silver that has what i believe to be the Forest Edge interior, as it is clearly a green color.

Hope these help. Like others, can't wait to see it all again in person or at least in some more high res pictures in various lighting. The new pictures of all the other colors have me rethinking the exterior again. I truly am set on the Ocean Coast interior though, as i think it's the most peaceful relaxing interior of them all.

Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos R1T LA Silver Forest Edge Dash view

Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos R1S Forest Green Ocean Coast Front View

Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos R1S Forest Green Ocean Coast Rear View

Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos R1S Forest Green  Ocean Coast

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I've had Launch Green and Forest Edge selected from the start. I like how Forest Edge looks in the configurator, but it looks darker green in this picture from the factory. It might just be the lighting and camera settings.

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.34.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.08.58 PM.png
My wife and I are currently leaning to "Forest Green" exterior - and I just wish "Forest Edge" interior was similar - but it's too "muddy" - looking even less saturated than Launch Green (although being matte rather than gloss probably isn't doing it any favors there.) I'd just like the interior to either be lighter, or more saturated in color to go with the dark wood.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos 1632224403089

Clarify for me please- is this a photo of an early version of the ocean coast interior or is this the old lunar rock interior?

Last edited:

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

1632224403089.jpeg

Clarify for me please- is this a photo of an early version of the ocean coast interior or is this the old lunar rock interior?
That is Lunar Rock, but fundamentally it's the same as Ocean Coast. There were some trim pieces that were changed from grey to black for production, but that's typical when changing from showy to practical.

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
That is Lunar Rock, but fundamentally it's the same as Ocean Coast. There were some trim pieces that were changed from grey to black for production, but that's typical when changing from showy to practical.
Indeed. The change to a black steering wheel and dash is what made me switch to Black Mountain. I just can’t get into the black steering wheel with grey everywhere else, otherwise I’d be in.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
If FE wasn't $2000 extra I'd be all over it. I just don't see anything about it that justifies the premium over BM.
And if the tax incentives currently proposed make it into law, the FE prices the truck out of getting any incentive, effectively making it a $9,500 option.

That of course assumes you weren't adding so many other options that you'd be over the limit anyways. But if it stays as proposed, I will absolutely ensure my truck doesn't cross the critical $74K goalpost.

For some, it may not matter. But for me the federal EV incentive makes the difference between a truck I can afford, and one I can't.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
That of course assumes you weren't adding so many other options that you'd be over the limit anyways. But if it stays as proposed, I will absolutely ensure my truck doesn't cross the critical $74K goalpost.
There is no definition in the current language at to what the $74K number includes.
It may or may not include Dest & Handling.
It may or may not include accessories
It may or may not include options and instead be calculated from "base MSRP" (the Max Pack could be an "option" that doesn't count towards the MSRP, as could colors, wheels, etc).

It is actually least likely to be the specific purchase price and instead based on a number that allows them to publish a list of qualified vehicles/amounts. Current list:
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/irc-30d-new-qualified-plug-in-electric-drive-motor-vehicle-credit

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
There is no definition in the current language at to what the $74K number includes.
It may or may not include Dest & Handling.
It may or may not include accessories
It may or may not include options and instead be calculated from "base MSRP" (the Max Pack could be an "option" that doesn't count towards the MSRP, as could colors, wheels, etc).

It is actually least likely to be the specific purchase price and instead based on a number that allows them to publish a list of qualified vehicles/amounts. Current list:
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/irc-30d-new-qualified-plug-in-electric-drive-motor-vehicle-credit
I don't disagree. More questions than answers at this time. My point remains, though. If the FE disqualified me from the EV incentive, it would be an extremely expensive option, and a dealbreaker for me.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I don't disagree. More questions than answers at this time. My point remains, though. If the FE disqualified me from the EV incentive, it would be an extremely expensive option, and a dealbreaker for me.
If/when the bill is passed and it is time to actually order your Rivian, then people will have to look at what language was included in the adopted measure and then try and guess what the implications of adding options will be.

Unfortunately, it will likely be towards the end of 2022 before the IRS publishes definitive rules interpreting what Congress passes. Those taking delivery in the first half of 2022 will likely not know what credit/rebate their vehicle will qualify for (if any).
Sponsored