Sponsored

Launch Green Forest Edge Delivery and Initial Impressions (NJ)- Tandem Delivery!

FringeCarCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T (LE LG FE), 2018 Mercedes E63S AMG Wagon
I received my LE LG FE R1T on Monday here in NJ. 2020 Preorder. I made this YouTube Video (audio fixed!) of my home delivery experience via the Brooklyn SC, meeting my friend 2 miles away to see his twin truck delivery, and a collection of my initial impressions from my Instagram channel @FringeCarCollector.

I put about 60 miles on the truck and dropped it off for Paint Protection Film at Presidential Paint Protection in Hopewell NJ for Xpel full frontal PPF. They are local Rivian experts, and have two R1T’s in the shop this week! I Should be getting my truck back tonight and will add additional videos!

So far, most of my expectations are met or exceeded. Panel gaps are imperfect, and must have been worse because the door hinge hardware has been turned at the service center, cracking the paint on the bolts which is very disappointing. I also find the ride to be harsh even in soft mode, so I have a service call in for that to be evaluated.

Looking forward to getting some wheel time in later this week on a road trip, and some trailer towing in the following week!

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green Forest Edge Delivery and Initial Impressions (NJ)- Tandem Delivery! 0B033365-1A7D-489A-85D2-6B3379A72799
Sponsored

Last edited:

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What was your experience with the shop? Looking to get quotes in the near future so I can drop off at a shop shortly after delivery.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Looks great! Congrats....

OP
OP

FringeCarCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T (LE LG FE), 2018 Mercedes E63S AMG Wagon
What was your experience with the shop? Looking to get quotes in the near future so I can drop off at a shop shortly after delivery.
Great experience with Presidential Paint Protection in Hopewell NJ. They’ve done 5-6 rivians by now so they’re very familiar with best practices. I made an appointment as soon as I had a delivery date because they are pretty backed up. I dropped it off the same day as I got the truck to do the front end PPF before I went on vacation with it. I just dropped it about 10 days ago to finish the full protection— every exposed. painted or piano black surface has PPF now, as well as the door sills to prevent scuffing from ingress/egress. I also replaced the PPF on the gear tunnel doors because the new film completely wraps the edges as opposed to the factory film which only goes to the edge and leaves an opportunity for chipping the paint. I also had them install a ceramic coating on the body as well as the glass. It is insane how water just falls off! I cleaned the bugs off the nose last night too and just a little water made them fall off too!

All this to say I highly recommend Presidential Paint Protection as an XPEL installer. If you’re local I’m happy to show you their work first hand.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Great experience with Presidential Paint Protection in Hopewell NJ. They’ve done 5-6 rivians by now so they’re very familiar with best practices. I made an appointment as soon as I had a delivery date because they are pretty backed up. I dropped it off the same day as I got the truck to do the front end PPF before I went on vacation with it. I just dropped it about 10 days ago to finish the full protection— every exposed. painted or piano black surface has PPF now, as well as the door sills to prevent scuffing from ingress/egress. I also replaced the PPF on the gear tunnel doors because the new film completely wraps the edges as opposed to the factory film which only goes to the edge and leaves an opportunity for chipping the paint. I also had them install a ceramic coating on the body as well as the glass. It is insane how water just falls off! I cleaned the bugs off the nose last night too and just a little water made them fall off too!

All this to say I highly recommend Presidential Paint Protection as an XPEL installer. If you’re local I’m happy to show you their work first hand.
That sounds like a lot. How much did it cost to go all out like that?