Sponsored

Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I hope it looks a lot like this. I know Forest looks this "rich" without direct sunlight. Hoping that L.G. keeps this kind of deep tropical green in most all lighting conditions - even looking near black at night.
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! R1T-green
Sponsored

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I still don't believe those greenish-brown R1T's on the line are painted Launch Green. Or at least not the final production version of it. Its a primer coating.

Once L.G. is revealed in living color and if that's truly it..... :puke: I'll be switchin to Forest Green in a heartbeat! ?
Same, I hope LG isn't that brown primer. I like the idea of limited edition run of LG but not enough to pick the brown over the FG. I know LG is based on the primer and RJ liked so much he had them add that as a color but I can't imagine the brown is LG. At least I am hopeful that we haven't seen LG yet.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I hope it looks a lot like this. I know Forest looks this "rich" without direct sunlight. Hoping that L.G. keeps this kind of deep tropical green in most all lighting conditions - even looking near black at night.
R1T-green.jpg
That's a shopped photo, and it's part of the problem here. As a customer group, we're not clear on what is real and what isn't. Colors are mostly renders, features are in flux, ranges are estimates, etc. Rivian has basically been terrible at providing details.

The fact that we're 100 days away from deliveries and we still don't have *real* pictures of products, a definitive listing of features, and something equivalent to an order guide is really disappointing.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I know that's a "shopped" photo. I tweaked it myself in color tint and tone to try and turn-down a Forest Green color to what I hope L.G. looks like. Even this render I made doesn't properly capture what Launch Green looks like - in my head! :involve:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Why do we not think this is launch green? Not sure why they would build several units in a color they do not have in the selections. If you look at 5-7 seconds in the video it looks like an Olive Green Semi Flat color, I am wondering if the brown hue is from the overhead lights, they have no colors that are even close to this one. It can't be a primer, the final color would be on by now unless these are for destructive testing (NHTSA). I am not a betting man but if I were....

https://videos.rivian.com/2md5qhoea...mepage_videos_building_towards_production.mp4

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! 1615004322136

Sponsored

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Why do we not think this is launch green? Not sure why they would build several units in a color they do not have in the selections. If you look at 5-7 seconds in the video it looks like an Olive Green Semi Flat color, I am wondering if the brown hue is from the overhead lights, they have no colors that are even close to this one. It can't be a primer, the final color would be on by now unless these are for destructive testing (NHTSA). I am not a betting man but if I were....

https://videos.rivian.com/2md5qhoea...mepage_videos_building_towards_production.mp4

1615004322136.png
I was kinda thinking the same thing. RJ essentially confirmed it and these vehicles are painted in a dip tank, so clearly there isn't any more painting to be conducted after the tail light assemblies and some interior components have been added.

But I guess you could be right and maybe these are primer only rivians to be sent for wraps or crash testing.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The crash test videos they released involved the primer-colored trucks, so that's the likely answer.
Sponsored